This post was sponsored by The Tuckerton Seaport who is a Jersey Family Fun Partner in Fun. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about things to do with families in Ocean County & New Jersey attractions we think your family may enjoy.
When you are a little boy there are certain things that can make a day great. For my son, Jack, it’s usually a special trip, time spent at the playground or making a craft with mom. But when you combine all of these, plus one of his favorite things, Pirates, you have the recipe for the “best day ever”. Which is what Jack called our day spent at Tuckerton Seaports Privateers and Pirates Festival.
Why The Privateers and Pirates Festival was “The Best Day Ever” According to my Son
- “Real” live pirates! A pirate festival would not be complete without a visit from real pirates. The crew of the Valhalla Pirates were at the Festival meeting all their little pirate fans, posing for pictures, and engaging in a sword fight or two.
- Treasure Hunting! After paying your admission you are given a map which leads you to 6 different places at the Seaport to collect a sticker and earn your treasure. Jack loved following the map around the seaport and collecting his stickers. There was some serious excitement and determination as we reached the end of our hunt and were rewarded with our own treasure chest.
- Cannon firing and sword fighting! Walking around the seaport and hearing the clash of swords and the roar of the cannons made us feel like we were in a real pirate town. Jack loved playing with the (unloaded) cannon prior to the firing and we loved watching the cannon ball soar across the lake.
- Make your own hook. Jack loves Capt. Hook and he was really excited when he saw another boy walking around the lighthouse with a homemade hook. We raced to the Visitor Center and he made his own hook hand out of aluminum foil and a foam cup. There were also make and take pirate mask crafts, face painting and tattoos.
- Playground. The Tuckerton Seaport has a pirate themed playground that Jack loves to play at. This is a highlight of each trip to the Tuckerton Seaport.
Why The Privateers and Pirates Festival was “The Best Day Ever” According to Mom
- Ample parking, that is close to the visitors center.
- Make and Take Crafts included with admission.
- Face painting included with admission.
- Pirate themed bounce house included with admission
- Reasonably priced food options.
- Pirate themed playground was a perfect break for the kids.
- A good mix of indoor and outdoor activities gave us a much needed break from the heat.
- All of the pirates were friendly and didn’t attempt to scare kids.
- The walk the plank costume contest was no pressure and my shy guy got up there and showed off his pirate outfit.
- Free water from the New Jersey American Water Puddle Van
- Mini golf course included with admission.
My favorite part of the Privateers and Pirates Festival was watching Jack have a great time. The Privateers and Pirates Festival offered so many fun options to make sure that kids (and their parents) of all ages had the best day ever. Jack is already asking when we can go back to the “pirate festival” and I know that The Privateers and Pirates Festival at The Tuckerton Seaport is going to become part of our family’s summer traditions.
To view more pictures of our day at The Tuckerton Seaport Privateers and Pirates Festival visit our Facebook page.
In full disclosure, The Tuckerton Seaport is a Partner in Fun with Jersey Family Fun. These monthly articles are included in their advertising package, but all opinions are our own based on our experience at The Tuckerton Seaport in Ocean County, New Jersey. To become one of our Partners in Fun, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.