I can’t remember the first time I saw one of those popcorn monster hands at a Halloween party. For years I’ve been telling myself, “I’m going to make those!”
So last year I finally did it. I made my own popcorn monster hands. And, of course, that was also the year that Hurricane Sandy decided to put her own spin on our New Jersey Halloween.
This year we’re hoping that Halloween goes off without a hitch. And we’ll have our popcorn monster hands ready!
Ingredients to make Popcorn Monster Hands
- Pre-popped popcorn
- Candy corn
- Polyethylene disposable gloves (I found mine at our local restaurant supply store.)
- Curling ribbon
- Small measuring cup or scoop to put popcorn in glove
How to make Popcorn Monster Hands
- Open a disposable glove. Blow a little air into the glove to open up the finger areas.
- Place one candy corn in each finger opening of the glove (these are the fingernails).
- You could add in some raisins to represents warts on the monster hands.
- Using your scoop, fill the remainder of the finger openings with the pre-popped popcorn. You will need to work the popcorn down a little.
- Once you have filled the finger openings evenly, fill the hand opening of the glove. Leave a couple inches at the top.
- Tie the glove at the top with curling ribbon. You can use the scissors to curl the ends.
That’s it! It’s really not as hard as I had imagined it would be. I even had my five-year-old helping me fill the hands with popcorn. The hardest part was keeping him from eating the ingredients while we made our monster hands!
This blog post was written by Melissa O. while she was a blogger for Jersey Family Fun.