This article about the PNC Bank Arts Center Christmas Lights ~ Magic of Lights was published in 2016 but has been updated with 2020 information about this PNC Bank Arts Center drive thru holiday lights.
Dinner is done, the dishes are washed, and the kids are all cleaned up for bed. But it’s not bed time yet – what should you do? We came upon this dilemma on a recent rainy night and decided to pack up the kids (some in their PJs!) and head over to the Magic of Lights at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel. The drive-through holiday light show was just what the doctor ordered: the kids loved looking at all of the light displays from the comfort of our warm and dry car.
About the PNC Bank Arts Center Christmas Lights ~ Magic of Lights
- It’s over a mile of light displays and holiday scenery, with themes of sports and the 12 Days of Christmas and more.
- You pay per car, not per attendee (which works out well for multi-kid families like us!). Discounts may be available if you check the Magic of Lights facebook page or website.
- The entire light display is drive-through (so you can visit rain or shine) and is at your own pace.
- Tune to a special radio station to hear their Christmas carols, or play your own playlist as you drive through!
- Follow their Facebook page for updates. Weekends can bring a long wait and they’ll post to let customers know if that’s the case.
3 Tips for visiting the PNC Bank Arts Center Christmas Lights ~ Magic of Lights
- Take your time! With so many light displays going on both sides of the road, you really need to go very slowly so that the kids can get a chance to take everything in. The road has two lanes for this very purpose – if a car behind you is ready to move forward before you, they can just go right around.
- Bring your camera. The mix of the dark night and the bright colorful light displays shows up beautifully in pictures. And if your kids are anything like mine, they will want to look at the pictures afterward to decide again which display was their favorite. It’s also a great spot for family photos at the spot where you’re able to walk around the holiday village.
- Go on Tuesdays and take advantage of their special that allows you to drive through twice!
Where is the PNC Bank Arts Center Christmas Lights ~ Magic of Lights located?PNC Bank Arts Center 116 Garden State Parkway Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center is located at exit 116 on the Garden State Parkway. If you can’t find it on the GPS, try entering the New Jersey Vietnam Veterans Memorial address, 1 Memorial Lane, Holmdel.
PNC Bank Arts Center Christmas Lights ~ Magic of Lights Schedule
- Sunday – Thursday: 5 PM to 10 pm
- Friday & Saturday: 5 PM to 11 pm
- Open daily through January 2, closed December 31.
PNC Bank Arts Center Christmas Lights ~ Magic of Lights Ticket Prices
- Any operating night: $25 per car in advance, $30 per car at the gate.
- Prices available for buses and limos.
For more photos from the 2018 Magic of Lights see our Facebook Album.
Visit the Magic of Lights website for more information and to purchase advance tickets.