We received the My Secret Playbox Dragon’s Lair, at no charge, to review from Playmobil.
We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share
with families information about toys we think their family may enjoy.
My kid’s love literally everything they’ve ever played with from Playmobil. They also love to carry tiny parts from their sets all over the house.
So, I was thrilled when I saw the new My Secret Playboxes at this year’s Toy Fair. First, because they are a perfect addition to our summer travel series where we bring you reviews of toys that make great On-The-Go additions to your collections. Second, because they give my older son a way to keep his Playmobil locked away from his little brother. Don’t get me wrong, I love when they share and play nicely together but I also love when my older son gets to have things that his little brother doesn’t because he’s older and ready for the responsibility. In this case, giving him the My Secret Playbox and telling him he could lock it away from his little brother performed a trick of reverse psychology. He decided to give one of the knights to his brother and they’ve been playing together with it ever since. Either way, I call that a win!
My Secret Playbox, Dragon’s Lair Includes:
- 2 Knight figures with swords, battle axes, a shield, and plenty of other accessories
- 3 Gems
- Working Cross Bow
- My Secret Play Box to hold everything
Why we love My Secret Play Box, Dragon’s Lair:
- Playmobil sets are fabulous for imaginative play! The attention to detail in the included accessories give them plenty of options to add to their stories.
- I can not stress enough that I love that all of the wonderful accessories and parts fit inside the Secret Play Box and lock with a key. It gives my older son ownership of something that he can decide when his brother can join the fun or keep him out.
- The fact that everything fits inside the box also makes it great for travel and storage at home. Although, it doesn’t stay locked for very long, since they’ve had it out to play with.
- Using the key to open the box also helps with fine motor development.
Check out our video review and demonstration of Playmobil My Secret Playbox Dragon’s Lair
I will say that this particular Playmobil set may need parental supervision or assistance to assemble for kids on the younger side of the recommended age (4-10). The small black hooks that go on the box to click the panels to are small and require the key to click and lock them into place. I didn’t mind, because I love building toys as much as my kids. The set did come with 2 extra black hooks incase they lose any.
If you have a kid who loves to imagine and create stories based on his or her toys and is old enough for the responsibility of keeping track of small pieces these sets are perfect. They are self contained, making them perfect for on-the-go or a trip to Grandma’s house.
Where to buy Playmobil My Secret Play Boxes
You can purchase any of the four Playmobil My Secret Play Box themes on Amazon or at your favorite toy store.
- My Secret Play Box Horse Stable
- My Secret Play Box – Princess Castle
- My Secret Play Box – Police Station
- <" href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A30YWE2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00A30YWE2&linkCode=as2&tag=jerfamfun-20&linkId=7JPQEHLPTKUZOI7T">My Secret Play Box ‘Dragon’s Lair’
In full disclosure received My Secret Playbox Dragon’s Lair for free to review. As always our opinions are 100% our own. This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Jersey Family Fun is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.