We received tickets to the Planes movie advanced screening at no charge, to review
from Allied Integrated Marketing. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun
that allows us to share with families movies we think their family may enjoy.
What is your biggest fear? Have you ever had to tackle it head-on?
About the Planes movie
Dusty is a crop-dusting plane who dreams of competing in a famous aerial race. The problem? He is hopelessly afraid of heights. With the support of his mentor Skipper and a host of new friends, Dusty sets off to make his dreams come true.
My 7-year-old son was the most entertained by the Planes movie. He loves anything that deals with the movie Cars and modes of transportation. He loved the fast pace of the story line, the loveable characters, and he was on the edge of his seat rooting for Dusty to win!
What we loved about the Planes movie
- A major message in the movie is about fears. Everyone has a fear of something, even though they may not want to admit it. Dusty’s fear is a little different because his main fear is heights, and he wants to fly across the whole world in a race. Even though he’s afraid he is being cheered on my his friends and family back home. (And by all of us in the audience.)
- My family enjoyed the Planes movie because we got to see different cities and countries. As Dusty travels across the world he comes in contact with different countries and different cultures and there are characters that he meets in each place.
- There is also the loveable side kick, Chug, who is very comparable to Cars’ Tow Mater. He is funny and dim-witted.
- A final bonus was the witty one liners that are put into the movie specifically for parents enjoyment. Which funny parody of real life did you catch in “Planes” world?
- We loved the movie in 3D because of the planes flying in 3D it looked like they were coming right at us!
The Planes movie was an instant hit with my children. When they got home they insisted on playing with their toy planes and flying around like a plane with their arms spread out wide!
Go see the Planes movies with the kids and take your family memories to new heights.
Need more help selecting family friendly movies? Visit Jersey Family Fun’s Family Movie Reviews series.
In full disclosure, we were provided with tickets to the advanced screening of the Planes movie to make our review possible. As always, our opinions are honest and based on our own experiences with the movie.