Are you thinking about visiting the Swedish Museum Pippi Longstocking Exhibit? Why not watch this Pippi Longstocking movie before going!
About the Pippi Longstocking movie (1969 version)
Pippi Longstocking, a super-strong redheaded little girl, moves into her father’s cottage Villa Villekulla, and has adventures with her next-door neighbors Tommy and Annika in this compilation film of the classic Swedish TV series.
Since I was a little girl I have loved Pippi Longstocking. I loved her independence, her strength, and her ability to make anything and everything fun. Even when Pippi is doing chores around the house, even though her father is gone, she makes it fun. Pippi straps on some brushes and cleans the floors. When she is sick she gets some medication and disciplines herself. I always thought she was the most amazing character. She was a girl and strong and independent!
Reasons why I love Pippi Longstocking:
- Pippi is a little girl but can pick up a horse! Look at how strong she is for such a little girl.
- Pippi doesn’t complain about doing chores she makes them fun!
- Pippi shares with all the children of the neighbor giving them all money so they can shop at the candy store and toy store.
- Pippi knows the value of friendship.
- I love the idea of dress how you like, eating what you like, and doing what you like. This is a child’s dream!
- At the end of the day Pippi is just a normal 9-year-old though, even though she has so much fun being so independent she still loves and misses her Papa.
I just can’t express how much I love Pippi Longstocking. She is the embodiment of childhood and freedom of expression.
Need more help selecting family friendly movies? Visit Jersey Family Fun’s Family Movie Reviews series.