It’s an annual tradition with us to visit the Patcong Valley Model Railway during the holidays and with 8 quick reasons, we hope it will become one for your family too.
8 Reasons You Have to Bring the Kids to Patcong Valley Model Railway
- Where else can your child pretend to be a conductor on the outside train? Bundle up and prepare to get lots of great train-themed photos.
- Climb aboard an old-fashioned train of days gone by when you visit the Patcong Valley Model Railway.
- Playtime with trains. The Patcong Valley Model Railway volunteers are so generous with their time and sharing their trains.
- Pick up a train magazine to bring home and keep their love for trains going.
- Maybe win one of the cool daily prizes. Doesn’t this look like an amazing train set to win?
- Ooooh and Awww over miles of HO scale model railroads and 6-8 different trains moving over bridges and hills and through tunnels and towns.
- Time is running out. The Patcong Valley Model Railroad Open House is only open weekends between December and January.
- It’s free. (Donations are appreciated.) Although your donation will allow the Patcong Valley Model Railway Club to continue to operate it’s annual Open House.
View more pictures from our 2011 visit to Patcong Valley Model Railway in our Facebook Photo Gallery.
The Patcong Valley Model Railway will be open weekends from 10 a.m.-4 p.m with open house dates in December and January. Click on our event listing below for specific dates and times.
Patcong Valley Model Railroad Club is located in Richland. Richland is on Route 40 about 10 miles west of Mays Landing. The building is at about milepost 38.5. They are directly across the road from Richland Carpets. The cross streets are Route 40 and Fir Avenue.