This post was sponsored by Adventure Aquarium who provided us with complimentary admission. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about New Jersey events we think your family may enjoy.
The world famous Mermaids from Weeki Wachee Springs, Florida visited The Adventure Aquarium in Camden for a special November event. Families were invited to a grand Mermaid and Pirate Ball. The Mermaid and Pirate Ball offered a fabulous family experience that included Mermaids, A Dance Party and Pirates!
Here’s why we all loved The Mermaid and Pirate Ball at the Adventure Aquarium
- Upon entering the aquarium everyone was required to walk the red carpet with lots of paparazzi taking our photos. My little buccaneer was quite the poser with lots of Arrrrrs, and Aye mateys!
- In the main tank, my family and I were astounded by the sight of these beautiful mermaids swimming among sea turtles, sting rays and sharks. Watching the famous Weeki Wachee mermaids dance is an unforgettable experience.
- After watching the mermaids swimming, we got in line for our chance to meet Mermaid Kristen. My little pirate was so happy to meet a real life mermaid.
- Then came dance time, complete with light show, fun dj and of course bubbles. Dancing in the rotunda is simply a very cool experience. The music and dancing is probably the most interesting form of live entertainment for my children. It really gave my children a chance to let their hair down and cut loose. My daughter had a blast mixing it up with the other mermaids and pirates, especially when the bubbles started to fall.
- What mermaid and pirate party would be complete without face painting? The line was long but well worth it. The added mustache and tattoos made my son feel like a real pirate.
- We loved that families were encouraged to dress like mermaids and pirates.
- The staff really got into the fun as well with great costumes and makeup. They made the entire experience a real blast for the kids. Once again, another stupendous event by the Adventure Aquarium.
Here’s a little glimpse into what the mermaids looked like while swimming.
The Adventure Aquarium always has something special for everyone
- As always with the Adventure Aquarium, we all loved the various exhibits! The tanks were so different from one to another, with varying types of wildlife and sea life. Every zone had something different for us to explore. There was even a talking parrot for the kids to interact with.
- The aquarium seems specially made for toddlers. With all the windows low to the ground so your little ones can peer in on the marine life. The KidZone was a perfect playground for my kids, lots of fun things to touch and explore. Climbing was also encouraged!
- IMAX theater that always has one show specially made for children. They make the experience even more lifelike by featuring moving seats and spraying water.
- The shark tunnel was amazing, my son thought he was swimming with the sharks.
See more Mermaid and Pirate Ball photos in our Facebook Gallery.
Weeki Wachee Mermaids were at Adventure Aquarium from November 1-9. It was included with regular admission with daily mermaid dive performances and meet & greets. For more information about Adventure Aquarium please click here.