Old Bridge Waterfront Park – Middlesex County Parks & Playgrounds
3 Reasons my Family Loves Old Bridge Waterfront Park
- A free beach! While you might not want to swim in the water (there’s no lifeguard on duty), if your children like sand, and sun, and watching boats, this is the place for you. The parking is free and plentiful and it’s like a huge sandbox!
- About a mile from the beach, either walkable by the boardwalk or a short ride on Route 35 is a newly built pirate ship themed playground. It’s right on the water which allows for some serious imaginative play! There’s plenty of room for a crowd of kids, and nearby checkers and picnic tables offer a break from the plundering and “sailing.” There’s a nearby coffee shop and bathroom facilities and ample parking here as well.
- A walk along the boardwalk encounters some interesting birds, impressive views, fishermen, and interesting dune plantings. If you want a “day at the beach” without traveling all the way down the shore you might find what you’re looking for here. Bring your fishing poles and fish right from the beach, or walk out one of the jetties. Night time you can see the lights on Staten Island, some far off bridges and many nights in the summer you’ll find fireworks! It’s a true hidden treasure.
What Old Bridge Waterfront Park offers
- 1.3 miles of boardwalk
- Playground area with swings and two climbing structures
- Concession area (seasonally)
- Restroom facilities
- Parking lots
- Basketball court
Old Bridge Waterfront Park (playground) is located at 1 Laurence Parkway in Laurence Harbor, Middlesex County. The beach area is just before the Route 35 drawbridge on the northbound side, accessible on the northbound side after the turn for Laurence Parkway.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.
See more Old Bridge Waterfront Park photos in our Facebook Gallery.