Ocean City 8th Street Playground – Cape May County Parks & Playgrounds
As our summer with my boys playing soccer in an Ocean City soccer league continued so did our search for Ocean City Playgrounds. Last week we told you about the Ocean City Recreation Center Playground. This week we’re telling you about the Ocean City 8th Street Playground that we found to be just wonderful.
3 Reasons to Love the Ocean City 8th Street Playground
- This playground will make you say wow. There is so much for kids to explore and a ton of open space for them to run back and forth. They won’t bore easily.
- With multiple areas to climb, slides, and more kids of all ages will certainly tire themselves out. Areas are designated for the toddlers so they don’t try something they aren’t ready for.
- It’s a great spot for a day of play and lunch. Grab lunch nearby at the grocery store and bring it over to eat as the kids play the day away.
What Ocean City Recreation Center Playground offers
- 2 different playground structures, one for older and younger kids
- A basketball court
- Picnic tables & benches
- Mounted ride on toys
- Climbing wall & structures
- Multiple Slides
- Traditional swings & baby swings
- Ship play structure
- A Dinosaur area with steps leading up to the playground platform and a dinosaur fossil embedded in the plastic underside.
- Tires for climbing
- Activity games
- A variety of bridges for kids to walk across
- Monkey bars
What you also should know about the Ocean City Recreation Center Playground
- The playground area is fenced in with a small opening towards the street.
- Limited street parking is available.
- There are NOT restrooms on the property.
- The playground is open to the sun. Kids can play underneath some of the playground structures for shade. There are not many shady areas.
- There is a grocery store across the street perfect for buying lunch or snacks, using the bathroom, or taking advantage of the parking.
Ocean City 8th Street Playground is located in Ocean City in Cape May County at 8th and Haven Avenue. There is no fee to enjoy the parks or playgrounds.
View more Ocean City 8th Street Playground Pictures in our Facebook Gallery. Here’s a preview.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.