This is not a sponsored post.
North Branch Park – Somerset County, New Jersey – Parks & Playgrounds
One of our favorite parks to visit is North Branch Park located on Milltown Road in Bridgewater, New Jersey in Somerset County. My children love the playground and all the interactive activities it provides. They also really enjoy watching the model aircrafts and rockets on the flying field. The numerous special events offered at North Branch Park keeps our family coming all year!
3 Reasons my Family Loves North Branch Park
- A great playground! North Branch Park offers a fun playground with a variety of activities for kids of all ages. What’s really cool is that it is wheelchair accessible! There is a wide ramp that leads up to the slides so all children can enjoy them no matter what their capabilities. The playground has a total of 6 slides ranging in height. It also has bridges, tunnels, monkey bars and various climbing elements for kids to enjoy. Several balancing courses can also be found throughout the playground. Our favorite activity consists of a small platform the children sit on which can be moved by manually rotating a bar. It’s a great ride for the kids and quite a workout for the parents!
- A variety of picnic areas! North Branch Park offers a number of picnic tables to be used on a casual basis. It also has two picnic areas available by reservation for large groups such as family reunions or corporate outings. Brook Grove can accommodate up to 150 people, and River Grove can house groups up to 100 people. Each site has plenty of picnic tables and grills. There is also a pavilion located on the fairgrounds that can be reserved for groups as well.
- All the wonderful special events! North Branch Park is the home to many special events that our family has enjoyed for years. Almost every year we attend the Independence Day Family Festival which has free activities for kids and ends with amazing fireworks. Dog shows at North Branch Park are also a favorite amongst my family. We love learning about all the different breeds and watching them perform. Another exciting annual event is the Somerset County 4-H Fair which takes place every August. This free event is a great way for kids to learn about their community and various animals.
What North Branch Park offers:
- A large playground with 6 slides, bridges, a tunnel, monkey bars, climbing rope net, balancing courses, various climbing elements and swings
- Prime fishing locations stocked each year by the NJ Division of Fish, Game, and Wildlife
- 2 Softball fields available to rent for leagues, tournaments or pick-up games
- Soccer field
- Flying field for model aircrafts
- Launch area for model rockets
- 2 Horse show rings used for training, fairs and shows
- Picnic tables for casual events
- 2 Large picnic areas can be reserved for groups of 20 people or more: Brook Grove – located near one of the softball fields and playground contains 14 tables and 12 grills (up to 150 people); River Grove – adjacent to a large playing field has 8 tables and 12 grills (up to 100 people)
- Therapeutic Recreation – year-round activities for children and adults with disabilities
- Various special events such as 4th of July fireworks, dog and horse shows and the Annual Somerset County 4-H Fair
North Branch Park is located at 355 Milltown Road in Bridgewater in Somerset County. For more information, check out their website at:
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.