In full disclosure, we were provided with accommodations at Nordic Village Resort in Mt Washington Valley. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun. As usual all opinions are my own.
then this view….
It was so easy to fall in love with the Nordic Village Resort within moments of walking in the front door. Every step further into this two bedroom townhouse had us loving it more and wishing we wouldn’t have to leave. My kids squealed as they discovered a huge bedroom for them and their own bathroom. I was drawn through the spacious living room to the balcony to that incredible view. It may have been rainy and cloudy but I still found the view breathtaking. I kept returning to the balcony to take more and more pictures. You can see them on Facebook.
The wooden spiral staircase invited me upstairs to a gorgeous master bedroom. Doors pull open to let in the sunlight from the skylights and to provide a view of the downstairs living room. A chair with ottoman provides a quiet space away from the kids for a cup of tea. Or find your relaxation in the 2 person jacuzzi behind a stained glass window in the master bath. After a day full of fabulous Mt Washington Valley adventures, Nordic Village Resort is one place you will find relaxation.
Now let’s say you want adventures within walking distance of your Mt Washington Valley lodging, the Nordic Village Resort has that. The resort offers you privacy and seclusion at your lodging while also having several options for family fun just steps away. Walk or take a bike ride on one of the trails to any of the below activities. During the winter months don some snowshoes to find a favorite spot in the Nordic Village.
On the Nordic Village Resort property:
You can see pictures of all of this in our Facebook album of Nordic Village Resort photos.
- A combination of 7 pools: indoor and outdoor heated pools, adult only and family pools
- 1 playground
- Gameroom with pool, ping pong, bumper pool
- 1 large pond for ice skating in winter
- Lending library of books and games in the gameroom
- Horseshoe pits
- Tennis & Basketball Courts
- Family entertainment with Bobo T. Clown, Cinderella & Friends, Wildlife Encounters, Movie Nights and Simplicity the Clown
- Open spaces with grills & picnic tables
- Ice Skating (bring your own skates)
- Cross Country skiing (bring your own skis)
- Fitness Center
- Hiking Trails
- Bonfires ~ Bonfires happen regularly on weekends. Midday bonfires can be requested and s’mores kits are available for purchase. It’s one activity I regret we didn’t do.
Our video tour of our Nordic Village Resort 2 Bedroom Townhouse
At the top of the Nordic Village Resort are the Victorian Chateau’s at Highland Ridge.
Our two bedroom townhouse was situated in Karlstad.
Our Nordic Village Resort 2 Bedroom Townhouse included:
- Foyer with Hall Closet
- Second Hall closet at the top of stairs
- Stackable Washer & Dryer
- Full Bathroom with standard tub on main floor
- Full kitchen
- Cabinets are stocked with silverware, pots, pans, plates, etc.
- Dishwasher soap is provided for washing dishes between meals
- Kitchen counter with 2 barstools
- Dining room table with seating for 4
- Living Room
- Sleeper Sofa that opens to full size bed
- Coffee table & side table
- Television with dvd player
- Gas fireplace
- Balcony that overlooks the mountains providing that great view
- Spiral Staircase to second floor master bedroom
- Master Bedroom
- King size bed
- Spacious walk in closet
- Luxurious bathroom with 2 person jacuzzi and stand up shower
- Chair with ottoman
- Accordion doors that open up to the space below
- Second Bedroom main floor
- Two full beds
- Wall length closet
- Dresser space
What you should know if you stay at the Nordic Village Resort
- The Nordic Village Resort is located at Route 16 in Jackson, New Hampshire.
- A variety of lodging accommodations are available for couples, families, and large groups
- Plan ahead for your meals. Here are some options you can consider.
- If you plan to swim at one of the pools.
- The pools are located throughout the property. Check the property map or with the front desk to get the locations and hours. Parking is available if driving from your building.
- Pools run at a variety of depths 3 feet or more.
- There is an attendant available but no lifeguard on duty and children are not permitted to swim alone.
- Towels available at the pool.
- Indoors and outdoor pools and hot tubs are available.
- During our visit the pools were open till 10 pm, which I always love. It’s great to end a busy day with a swim.
- The main Mountain Club building has
- Steam room
- Blue Lagoon and the Oasis outdoor heated swimming pools
- Atrium Indoor heated swimming pool.
- Two 8-person therapy spas, one indoor and one outdoors.
- If you are traveling with babies or toddlers, please ask about cribs.
- Nordic Village Resort has plenty of complimentary parking available.
- Wireless high-speed Internet access is available for at no additional fee. Each townhome has their own wi-fi access assigned to them.
- Room Rates may vary so it’s best to check the Nordic Village Resort site for rates and availability.
To view more Nordic Village Resort & Inn photos visit our Facebook Gallery. Here’s a short preview.
A stay at the Nordic Village Resort offers you a wonderful way to have a family vacation in the Mt Washington Valley area of New Hampshire with convenient access to the area’s best family attractions as well as having so much on the property to enjoy. When you visit make sure you tell them Jersey Family Fun sent you.
Click over to see the rest of our Family Travel to Mt Washington Valley, New Hampshire series.
To arrange a feature on your location contact Jennifer Auer, Jersey Family Fun publisher.
In full disclosure, this post was made possible by Purity Spring Resort in Mt Washington Valley. We were provided with a complimentary room in the King Pine in and some meals at Traditions restaurant. These things were arranged so that we could review this Mt Washington Valley resort for its family friendliness. However, our opinions are honest and based on our experiences.>