This is not a sponsored post.
Newport Green Park – Hudson County, New Jersey – Parks & Playgrounds
3 Reasons my Family Loves Newport Green Park
- Newport Green Park is a short walk to Hoboken (entering through the train station). Along the way there are free viewfinders to gaze across the Hudson, and educational signs teaching visitors about wildlife along the waterfront. The walkway offers a great opportunity to get some exercise and wander into Hoboken for lunch.
- The playground structures were top notch! A couple of them had us wondering how they were to be used – logic coming into play on a playground! My kids were spinning, swinging and climbing in new and unique ways. Older kids will stay interested, and the playground offers the wider.
- Newport Green Park lets you get wet and get sandy in the middle of the city! There’s a good size sprinkler playground, a smaller sandbox/beach play area, and a beach complete with lounge chairs for parents to take a load off and enjoy the view.
What Newport Green Park offers
- Beach with lounge chairs and umbrellas, where you can gaze out onto the Hudson
- A small carousel that opens at 1, with rides costing only $1
- Plenty of swings and slides.
- A play beach with a water structure, and even some shade for the caregivers! (no water access)
- A good size sprinkler playground.
- Security guards nearby
- Large field nearby for running/game playing
- Public access restrooms are scarce (portapotty across the street)
- Very clean and well maintained!
Newport Green Park is located at 14th Street and Washington Boulevard in Jersey City in Hudson County. On street metered parking is available. Park closes at dusk, no pets allowed.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.
See more Newport Green Park photos in ourFacebook Gallery.