In full disclosure this is not a sponsored ad.
I Scream, You Scream, We all Scream for ICE CREAM!!
July brings with it fireworks, warm days, days by the pool and ICE CREAM! That is right, July is National Ice Cream Month. Summer in New Jersey just wouldn’t be complete without trips to the local ice cream parlor to grab a cup or cone of ice cream. New Jersey is home to some of the most unique and fun ice cream parlors in the Tri- state area. From hand churned varieties and parlors with singing servers to classic 50’s style and guided tours, there is something sure to please your entire family’s sweet tooth this summer.
Bischoffs Confectionery- 468 Cedar Lane, Teaneck NJ
- Established in 1934.
- The staff at Bischoffs are dressed the way you might have seen them 50 years ago, complete with serving hats and bowties.
- Ice Cream counter where you can try over 40 flavors of homemade ice cream.
- Besides your average cone, patrons can order soda fountain specialties, banana splits and old fashioned hot fudge sundaes.
- An additional section of the store is the old fashioned candy section of the parlor filled with homemade candy, chocolates and sugar confections.
Torico Ice Cream-20 Ewing Street, Jersey City NJ
- Established in 1968.
- A fruit based ice cream parlor, stemming from the owners Puerto Rican heritage.
- Torico Ice Cream uses only fresh ingredients.
- All of the fruit used in making the over 65 ice cream flavors is visible to patrons via the churning room.
- Over 65 flavors, including tropically inspired, lychee, papaya and ube fruit.
Hoffmans Ice Cream- 800 Richmond Ave, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
- Established in 1955.
- Fresh made ice cream churned in front of patrons via the huge observation window
- Host site of children’s birthday parties:which include pizza, soda, make your own sundaes and cake
- 3 other locations at the Jersey Shore: Long Branch, Little Silver, and Spring Lake Heights
The Music Man Singing Ice Cream Shoppe- 2305 Grand Central Ave, Lavallette, NJ
- Established in 2003
- Singing waiters and waitresses perform songs as they take orders and deliver ice cream
- Interactive family fun that makes the audience part of the show
- Specialty shows throughout the season such as Children’s Fairy tales, and Broadway Cabarets
- Servers all have background experience in musical theater, college based Music programs and previous theater experience.
Cool Scoops- 1111 New Jersey Avenue 12th & New Jersey Ave, Wildwood, NJ
- Established 2002
- 50’s style art decor ice cream parlor
- Vintage car style booths
- Working jukebox
- Relics from past TV shows adorn the walls
- Sugar free flavors
- Pinball and video games to play while waiting for your order
The Bent Spoon- 35 Palmer Square, Princeton, NJ
- Established 2004
- Specializing in artisan ice cream
- Special orders of ice cream via tubs and pints
- Flavors based on what the local farmers are growing this season
- Hormone free dairy used
- Menu selections changes daily
- Bakery items available as well: cupcakes, cookies and hot chocolate complete with homemade marshmallows