Fall in New Jersey brings so many fun family activities! We have corn mazes, pumpkin picking, apple picking, trick or treat events and haunted houses. In the last few years we’ve noticed a growing trend of towns being invaded by scarecrows! Traditionally these are located in bustling downtowns, and decorated by community groups or businesses. We have a tradition of attending one every year, but with a recent move to a new area we are seeking new ones and have found plenty of New Jersey Scarecrow Trails to explore with kids!
Make a stop sometime this month in one of these great towns; maybe for lunch or a treat or a stop at a special store and check out these fun scarecrow displays. You may be surprised by the creativity!
New Jersey Scarecrow Displays
North Jersey Scarecrow Displays
Sussex County Scarecrow Displays
- Branchville Borough Historical Society and Broad Street Books sponsors the third annual Branchville Scarecrow Contest this October. Organizers expect to place almost 200 scarecrows around town – it’s a must see! Visit Broad Street Books for a walking map of scarecrows the last week of October.
Union County Scarecrow Displays
- Downtown Cranford’s Scarecrow Stroll will be out for viewing from October 16 – October 31 this year. Wander the streets of Cranford and be amazed at the creativity of local businesses and resident groups in the scarecrows they decorated!
- New Providence brings scarecrows back to downtown from October 13 – November 2 for their annual Scarecrow Contest. Vote for your favorite among the creepy, cute and funny!
Warren County Scarecrow Displays
- Hackettstown Business Improvement District with WRNJ Radio, will hold the 6th Annual Scarecrow Contest. Stores will create a scarecrow with a villain theme and place them outside the storefront from October 8 – November 9.
Morris County Scarecrow Displays
- The Frelinghuysen Arboretumd, 353 Hanover Ave, Morris Township hosts original scarecrow creations created by families, schools, scouts, organizations, and more. Receive a map at the Haggerty Education Center, and explore the gardens looking for Gary the Gardener,’ the silly Lampshade Sisters, and more. $10/family, open Saturday, October 20—Sunday, November 18 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Do you know of more New Jersey Scarecrow Trails in Northern New Jersey? Let us know in the comments below or send us a picture to email@example.com.
Central Jersey Scarecrow Displays
Hunterdon County Scarecrow Displays
- Delaware River Towns sponsors another New Jersey Scarecrow Contest – more details to come!
Mercer County Scarecrow Displays
- Support the Ewing Green Team and their New Jersey Scarecrow Contest on Saturday, October 27 at the Ewing Senior and Community Center. Hot cider and refreshments will be served!
Monmouth County Scarecrow Displays
- Manasquan’s Chamber of Commerce will decorate the Main Street area with scarecrows this October! Scarecrows will be placed beginning October 11 and public judging will begin October 22.
- The Friends of the Keyport Library hosts the 4th annual scarecrow contest to beautify the library property! View about 20 scarecrows designed by local families and businesses on October 13 (judging that day, with a raindate of the 20th), remaining out for a couple of weeks.
- Monmouth Beach downtown will be beautified with scarecrows until November 1.
Do you know of more New Jersey Scarecrow Trails in Central New Jersey? Let us know in the comments below or send us a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.
South Jersey Scarecrow Displays
Atlantic County Scarecrow Displays
- Scarecrows at the beach -why not! The Brigantine Beach Cultural Arts Commission brings the scarecrows back for the Third Annual Scarecrow Exhibit. Visit the island before October 31 to view the creations, or come to the Green Team Fall Farm Market on October 20th to vote for your favorite.
- The 18th Annual Fine Crafts Fall Festival & Family Fun Day will be in Mays Landing on October 27, 2018 and will feature a scarecrow contest! Check them out while you enjoy pumpking painting, train rides and more fall fun.
Burlington County Scarecrow Displays
- Scarecrows on Parade returns to Historic Smithville Park in Eastampton from October 2 – 31. The contest will be judged on October 14 at the Fall Float Festival.
- The Woman’s Club of Medford hosts the annual Scarecrow Contest from October 6 – 21. Scarecrows will be displayed by the shops of Medford.
Camden County Scarecrow Displays
- Head to Barrington’s Clements Bridge Road on Sunday, October 20 to November 3 to check out this year’s Scarecrow event!
- Magnolia – details coming!
Cape May County Scarecrow Displays
- Scarecrow Alley at the Physick Estate is a must see! Visit any day from 10 am – 5 pm or Saturdays 10 am – 10 pm through October and cast your vote for your favorite. The Physick Estate is at 1048 Washington Street, Cape May.
Cumberland County Scarecrow Displays
- You have all of October to visit Main Street Vineland and their Scarecrow Challenge! Stroll down Landis Avenue and just try to pick your favorite!
Gloucester County Scarecrow Displays
- The Friends of the Pitman Library are hosting the second annual Scarecrow Contest. Scarecrows are on display until November 4th along Broadway and Pitman Avenue.
Ocean County Scarecrow Displays
- Downtown Toms River will line up the scarecrows along Washington and Main Street for their Scarecrow Walk. Vote for your favorite between October 16 – November 1!
Do you know of more New Jersey Scarecrow Trails in Southern New Jersey? Let us know in the comments below or send us a picture to email@example.com.
Need more ideas for a spooktacular New Jersey Halloween?
Let us help you have a great New Jersey Halloween with Our Spooktacular Guide to New Jersey Halloween Family Fun With Your Kids..
Our Spooktacular Guide to New Jersey Halloween Family Fun With Your Kids includes
- New Jersey Trick or Treat Times,
- Best Halloween Events for Kids in New Jersey,
- New Jersey Halloween Attractions,
- New Jersey Haunted Houses & Halloween Displays,
- New Jersey Scarecrow Trails,
- New Jersey Pumpkin Patches,
- and Where Kids Can Eat Free on Halloween.
For more helpful Halloween Information visit our Ultimate Guide to Halloween Family Fun With Your Kids.
- Halloween recipes,
- uses for leftover Halloween candy,
- Halloween safety ideas,
- tips for hosting Halloween parties,
- Halloween crafts to do with kids,
- Halloween books and poems to read,
- and even a Halloween TV guide that lets you know when all the Halloween TV specials are playing.
Click over to our Ultimate Guide to Halloween Family Fun With Your Kids.