Our listing of New Jersey Holiday Train Rides was first published in 2015. We will update this listing of Christmas train rides in New Jersey every holiday season as new information becomes available about holiday train rides in New Jersey.
All Aboard..This Way to Holiday Fun!
Halloween is over and that means Christmas will soon be on its way! The holidays are such a magical time. This time of year can be so exciting through the eyes of a child. The glow of all of the holiday lights, the smell of cookies baking in the oven and of course the anticipation for the arrival of the man of honor-Santa Claus! New Jersey train rides with Santa are just another way to celebrate the wonder of the season. With surprise destinations to the North Pole, amazing visitors such as Santa and his elves and delicious on board refreshments, you are bound to have an adventure that will amaze your entire family.
New Jersey Christmas train and holiday train providers can receive a complimentary listing or an upgraded featured listing by completing this directory listing form.
New Jersey Holiday Train Rides
North Jersey Christmas Trains
Morris County New Jersey Holiday Trains
- The Polar Express Train Ride, Whippany, NJ www.whippanythepolarexpressride.com
- Rides begin November 16 through December 30.
- The Polar Express themed train ride is approximately 1 hour long.
- Hot chocolate and cookies are served by dancing chefs.
- Passengers will read along to the book “The Polar Express”
- Santa and his elves will board the train
- Parking is available on site.
- Coach and first class options available.
- Advance ticket purchase is strongly recommended, as tickets will sell out!
Passaic County New Jersey Holiday Trains
- Santa Train, Wayne NJ www.tristaterail.org
- One date only, December14, 2019
- Sold out for 2019 but you can get on waiting list through website.
Central Jersey Christmas Trains
Hunterdon County New Jersey Holiday Trains
- BlackRiver Railroad- Flemington, NJ, www.blackriverrailroad.com
- North Pole Express– Begins November 23 through December 28.
- Two and a half hour diesel train ride.
- Santa and his elves lead a trip to the “NORTH POLE” (Ringoes)
- All passengers receive a cookie and hot chocolate, expanded first class options are available.
- Refreshments, gifts and a photo op once you arrive at the North Pole.
- Delaware River Railroad Excursions, Phillipsburg, NJ www.877trainride.com
- The Polar Express – Begins November 29 with select dates through December 22.
- The train ride lasts 90 minutes.
- Musicians and jugglers entertain the riders and of course Santa joins the riders.
- Hot chocolate and cookies served to every child.
- Professional photographers available.
Monmouth County New Jersey Holiday Trains
- The New Jersey Museum of Transportation- Wall, NJ, www.njmt.org
- The Christmas Express-Select dates November 29 – December 22. Night time rides Saturdays in December.
- During train rides Santa joins the ride and visits with all of the children.
- Tickets must be purchased at the station and it is strongly encouraged you purchase them IN ADVANCE. Tickets go on sale October 11
South Jersey Christmas Trains
Atlantic County New Jersey Holiday Trains
- DiDonatos Magical Holiday Express – Hammonton, NJ Read our DiDonatos Magical Holiday Express review here.
- 20 minute train ride, making 2 loops around the 10,000+ lights
- Visit to Santa’s workshop where you can write a letter to Santa and take photos with him
- Present from Santa
- Walk around the grounds to see the lights up close after your ride, where staff is available to take family photos for anyone interested
- Tickets can be purchased ahead, through the website (recommended), but when available, walk-up tickets are sold as well
- Starts November 8 with select dates until December 30.
Cape May County New Jersey Holiday Trains
- Cape May Trolley- Cape May, NJ, www.capemaymac.org
- Holiday Lights and Santa’s Trolley Ride – Select dates beginning November 23.
- Thirty minute trolley ride.
- Trolley tour of downtown Cape May’s Victorian homes.
- For Santa’s Trolley, Mrs. Claus joins in on the fun as she sings songs, and narrates stories. Then meet Santa and receive a treat in the Carriage House.
- Advance purchase is recommended.
- Cape May-Tuckahoe Seashore Lines, Woodbine, NJ www.capemayseashorelines.org/
- Santa Express Train Ride
- This antique train will travel for 60 minutes between Tuckahoe and Richland train stations on select dates starting Thanksgiving weekend.
- Choose between the coach car, lounge car, and dining car.
- Santa, Mrs. Claus, and the elves will visit each car and talk to each child during the ride. The elves will sing Christmas carols with the children as well.
- There is a weekday 45 minute option available also.
- Reserve tickets ahead, as many trains will sell out.
- Join us on select evenings for the “Starlight Express” train rides.