Our listing of New Jersey Holiday Train Rides was first published in 2015. We will update this listing of Christmas train rides in New Jersey every holiday season as new information becomes available about holiday train rides in New Jersey.
All Aboard..This Way to Holiday Fun!
Halloween is over and that means Christmas will soon be on its way! The holidays are such a magical time. This time of year can be so exciting through the eyes of a child. The glow of all of the holiday lights, the smell of cookies baking in the oven and of course the anticipation for the arrival of the man of honor-Santa Claus! New Jersey train rides with Santa are just another way to celebrate the wonder of the season. With surprise destinations to the North Pole, amazing visitors such as Santa and his elves and delicious on board refreshments, you are bound to have an adventure that will amaze your entire family.
To advertise on this page or upgrade to a featured listing contact email@example.com.
New Jersey Holiday Train Rides
North Jersey Christmas Trains
Morris County New Jersey Holiday Trains
- The Polar Express Train Ride, Whippany, NJ http://www.whippanythepolarexpressride.com/about/
- Rides begin November 16 through December 30.
- The Polar Express themed train ride is approximately 1 hour long.
- Hot chocolate and cookies are served by dancing chefs.
- Passengers will read along to the book “The Polar Express”
- Santa and his elves will board the train to give the children a small gift, a silver bell, as well as a souvenir tumbler
- Guests will need to arrive 1 hour ahead of train departure time, in order to park off site and be shuttled in to the train station
- Coach and first class options available.
- Advance ticket purchase is strongly recommended, as tickets will sell out!
Passaic County New Jersey Holiday Trains
- Santa Train, Wayne NJ www.tristaterail.org
- One date only, December 8, 2018
- Sold out for 2018 but you can get on waiting list through website.
Central Jersey Christmas Trains
Hunterdon County New Jersey Holiday Trains
- BlackRiver Railroad- Flemington, NJ, www.blackriverrailroad.com
- North Pole Express– Begins November 17 through December 29.
- Two and a half hour train ride.
- Santa, Mrs. Claus and the elves lead a trip to the “NORTH POLE”(Ringoes, NJ)
- All passengers receives a cookie and hot chocolate.
- Refreshments and a photo op once you arrive at the North Pole.
- For train schedule and to purchase tickets (RESERVATIONS NEEDED)
- Delaware River Railroad Excursions, Phillipsburg, NJ www.877trainrides.com
- The Polar Express – Begins November 23 with select dates through December 16.
- The train ride lasts 90 minutes.
- Musicians and jugglers entertain the riders.
- Hot chocolate and cookies served to every child.
- Professional photographers available.
Monmouth County New Jersey Holiday Trains
- The New Jersey Museum of Transportation- Wall, NJ,www.njmt.org
- The Christmas Express-Select dates November 23 – December 16. Night time rides Saturdays in December.
- During train rides Santa joins the ride and visits with all of the children.
- Tickets must be purchased at the station and it is strongly encouraged you purchase them IN ADVANCE. Tickets go on sale October 12
South Jersey Christmas Trains
Atlantic County New Jersey Holiday Trains
- DiDonatos Magical Holiday Express – Hammonton, NJ Read our DiDonatos Magical Holiday Express review here.
- 20 minute train ride, making 2 loops around the 10,000+ lights
- Visit to Santa’s workshop where you can write a letter to Santa and take photos with him
- Toy from Santa
- Walk around the grounds to see the lights up close after your ride, where staff is available to take family photos for anyone interested
- Tickets can be purchased ahead, through the website (recommended), but when available, walk-up tickets are sold as well
- Starts November 9 with select dates until December 23.
Cape May County New Jersey Holiday Trains
- Cape May Trolley- Cape May, NJ, www.capemaymac.org
- Holiday Lights and Santa’s Trolley Ride – Select dates beginning November 17.
- Thirty minute trolley ride.
- Trolley tour of downtown Cape May’s Victorian homes.
- For Santa’s Trolley, Mrs. Claus joins in on the fun as she sings songs, and narrates stories. Then meet Santa and receive a treat in the Carriage House.
- Advance purchase is recommended.
- Cape May-Tuckahoe Seashore Lines, Woodbine, NJ http://www.capemayseashorelines.org/cmsl.php
- Santa Express Train Ride
- This antique train will travel between Tuckahoe and Richland train stations on select dates starting Thanksgiving weekend.
- Choose between the coach car, lounge car, and dining car.
- Santa, Mrs. Claus, and the elves will visit each car and talk to each child during the ride. The elves will sing Christmas carols with the children as well.
- Reserve tickets ahead, as many trains will sell out.
- Join us on select evenings for the “Starlight Express” train rides.