We update this article about the New Jersey 4H Fair annually with locations and dates for Jersey Family Fun readers.
Who doesn’t love a day at the fair? We love everything about the fair: the animals, the shows, the rides, and all that wonderful fair food. Last year I couldn’t get my kids to leave. We watched a horse show, fed a giraffe, rode dozens of amusement park rides, and shared the BEST funnel cake. It was a great day. No summer is complete without a trip to the fair and there are so many to choose from. We have compiled a list of each county fair to help you find the closest on to you.
New Jersey 4H Fair Schedule
- Atlantic County 4H Fair runs Thursday, August 8 through Saturday, August 10 2019 at the David C. Wood 4-H Center & Fairgrounds on Route 50 in Mays Landing. Experience 4-H favorites like a baby parade, tractor pull and plenty of animals! Admission is free but there is a $4 parking fee.
- Bergen County 4H Fair is scheduled to be held on September 22, 2019. More information to follow when available.
- Burlington County Farm Fair runs Tuesday July 16 through Saturday July 20, 2019. The Fair is held at the Burlington County Fairgrounds, 1990 Jacksonville-Jobstown Road in Springfield Township. Enjoy daily horse shows, antique farm equipment, rides and fireworks! Admission is free, parking is $10.
- Camden County Fair for 2019 is not yet announced. We will share details when we have them!
- Cape May County 4-H Fair is July 18 through July 20, 2019 at the Cape May 4-H Fairgrounds, located at 355 Court House – South Dennis Road, Cape May Court House. The Chicken BBQ returns for 2019 along with the traditional equine events, livestock auction, music and judged exhibits. Parking and admission are free, but premium parking is available for $5.
- Come out to the Cumberland County Fair on July 2 through July 6, 2019 at 3001 Carmel Road, Millville. Enjoy fireworks, rides, dog agility and equine demos and even play chicken poop bingo! Parking is free, admission is $5 for 10 and up, $3 for ages 3 -9.
- Essex County does not host a county fair.
- The 2019 Gloucester County 4-H Fair funs July 25 – July 28 and is held at the 4-H Fairgrounds at 275 Bridgeton Pike, Mullica Hill. Experience animal exhibits, horse shows, baking contest and more. Admission is free, parking is $10/car.
- Details for the 2019 Hudson County Fair have not yet been released. We will share when we have them!
- The Hunterdon County 4H Fair happens August 21 – August 25, 2019. The County Fairgrounds are at 1207 Route 179 in Lambertville where you can experience rides, an antique car show and animal shows. Parking is $10, and admission is free.
- The 2019 Mercer County 4-H Fair will be on August 3 and 4 2019 at the Howell Living History Farm. Animals, entertainment and steam engine train rides are to be enjoyed at this year’s fair! Admission and parking are free but food donations are requested.
- Middlesex County Fair runs August 5 through August 11, 2019 at the Middlesex County Fairgrounds, 655 Cranbury Road, East Brunswick. The fair is in its 81st year and while not a 4-H fair, the 4-H of Middlesex County does exhibit at the fair along with rides, entertainment and more. Adult admission is $7, children from 3-12 are $1 and parking is free.
- The Monmouth County Fair is held July 24 – 28 at the East Freehold Showgrounds on Kozlowski Road in Freehold. This fair offers rides, entertainment, home and garden competitions and of course, animals! Admission is $8 adults, kids 12 and under free.
- The Morris County 4-H Fair happens from July 18 – 21, 2019 at Chubb Park in Chester. Experience rides, animal shows, a watermelon eating contest and more. Parking is $5/car daily except for fireworks night when it increases to $10/car.
- The Ocean County Fair takes place July 10 – 14 2019 at Robert J. Miller Air Park in Berkeley Township. The 4-H has animal displays and fun games, there are rides, entertainment and yummy food. Admission is $8 for ages 11 and up, parking is free.
- Enjoy the Passaic County Fair daily from August 16 – 18 at Garret Mountain Reservation in Woodland Park. You’ll enjoy two fireworks nights, rides, a petting zoo and more. It’s unclear if the county 4-H participates in this fair. Admission is free, parking is $5/car.
- The 60th annual Salem County Fair takes place August 7 -9, 2019. Experience archery demonstrations, animal shows and food. There’s no admission fee and parking is $10/car – valid for all 4 days!
- Somerset County 4H Fair information is coming soon
- Sussex County Farm and Horse Show/New Jersey State Fair details coming soon
- Union County does not host a county fair.
- The Farmers’ Fair and Hot Air Balloon Festival in Warren County takes place July 27 – August 3, 2019. Head to the intersection of 519 and Strykers in Phillipsburg for hot air balloon launches, equestrian events, concerts and much more fun to be had. Adults are $7 to enter, ages 5-12 are $4 and parking is free.
Which New Jersey 4H Fair will you take the kids to?
Find more fun things to do on our New Jersey Calendar of Events.