Our Weekends in Pennsylvania series latest stop in the Poconos was at the Mountaintop Lodge in Lake Naomi. I was invited up as part of a Media Weekend/Girl’s Weekend hosted by Cashman & Associates. I had a wonderful time learning about the Lake Naomi Club community and what a great area it can be for a couple’s weekend, girls’ weekend, and trip with the kids. In fact, I can’t wait to bring the kids back. Today, I’d love to tell you about this fabulous bed and breakfast in the Poconos, the Mountaintop Lodge. Later this week we’ll talk about where to eat and what kind of activities Lake Naomi has to offer.
Traveling to the Mountaintop Lodge was pretty easy. Of course, I was a little freaked out when my GPS didn’t recognize the Poconos, but then I remembered that I do know how to get to the PA turnpike and my nerves were calmed. Coming from near Atlantic City, it was just around 3 hours and a pretty easy ride. Atlantic City Expressway to 42 North, then over the bridge I went. I took 76 East to the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Mountaintop Lodge was just off exit 95. I kid you not, there were no crazy turns or switching off and onto major highways. If I was going to drive alone on a road trip, this was one of the easiest I could have done. It was also a beautiful drive with mountains green on one side and covered with snow on the other.
When I arrived at the Mountaintop Lodge Friday afternoon, I was greeted by a Jersey girl, no less. (We’re everywhere.) We talked about how she spent her summers in Cape May and her winters in the Poconos. If a Jersey girl was willing to leave the shore then there must be something special about this place. I also met Carolyn, in charge of the Lodge she too was just as courteous as the rest of the staff. Then, I grabbed by bags and headed into my room to get settled in.
The Mountaintop Lodge offers many kinds of guest rooms. I stayed in a traditional room, great for a trip with your special someone or if you are reserving a few rooms with your girlfriends. I snapped a few pictures for my readers and then got unpacked. With a closet and dresser, the room offered plenty of space for storing my clothing. Once unpacked I set of to explore what else the Mountaintop Lodge had to offer.
Mountaintop Lodge First Floor
- A common, large, living area with plenty of seating and a game table.
- The Coffee and Pastry Shop offers fresh-brewed and specialty coffee drinks, smoothies and Italian sodas, along with homemade pastries. The chocolate bark was my favorite.
- A dining room and common area where breakfast is served from 8 – 10 am on most days.
- A computer room with a computer and printer for guest’s use.
- The computer room also offers guests many brochures featuring area attractions.
Mountaintop Lodge Second & Third Floor
- Guest rooms
- Third floor rooms have access to common balcony with desk, two comfortable wing chairs and a lending library.
Other areas of the Mountaintop Lodge
- There is an outdoor deck with seating and tables.
- Cabin and Jacuzzi suites
After I explored the Mountaintop Lodge I had a delicious cup of strawberry tea and headed back to my room for a quick rest before dinner at the Lake Naomi Clubhouse Restaurant. We’ll tell you more about the Clubhouse Restaurant on Wednesday. For now, let me tell you more about the Mountaintop Lodge.
A bit more about the Traditional Rooms at the Mountaintop Lodge
Our room on the 2nd floor featured
- A queen size bed
- 1 flat screen television
- 1 phone
- Private bathroom with single sink and tub with shower.
- 1 closet in each room
Moments from the ski slopes, outlet shops, and the Lake Naomi Clubhouse the Mountaintop Lodge would make a great home away from home for your family’s stay in the Poconos.
What you should know if you stay at the Mountaintop Lodge.
- The Lodge includes a selection of Traditional rooms, Traditional Plus rooms, King Suites, Two-bedroom Suites, Loft Suites and Cabin Suites, each individually furnished in a particular theme based on the changing seasons and Poconos pastimes. If you are bringing the kids, request a room with 2 beds or any of their larger rooms.
- Pack and plays are available on request.
- Daily rates at The Mountaintop Lodge start at $140 per room per night, plus appropriate tax and service charges.
- All guest rooms feature flat screen TVs, air-conditioning, and desks. (Hair dryers are available in most rooms. If you need one, just request it from the staff.)
- The Mountaintop Lodge provides free wi-fi throughout the bed and breakfast, both in common areas and guest rooms.
- Many rooms have fireplaces.
- Breakfast is served from 8 – 10 am on most days.
- If you or your children have any food allergies and dietary restrictions, please let the staff know. Carolyn was more than happy to prepare gluten-free options for me for breakfast.
- For family friendly meals.
- Visit the Clubhouse for fine & casual dining in the Poconos.
- Pack your bathing suits & beach towels.
- Mountaintop Lodge is moments from the Lake Naomi Club. All guests of the Mountaintop Lodge enjoy the amenities of Lake Naomi Club with a Temporary Club Membership. The Club has indoor and outdoor pools as well as beaches.
- The Mountaintop Lodge offers a free parking lot.
- Want to explore more about the Poconos? Click over for more information on what to do in the Poconos or ask the staff for recommendations. They would be happy to help.
To view our Mountaintop Lodge pictures visit our Facebook Gallery.