Hey Mount Laurel locals! Are you searching for things to do with your kids in and near Mt. Laurel New Jersey?
Are you tired of kids saying “I’m bored,” or having their faces in those screens? Are you trying to stick to a budget? We have low-cost ideas too! If you’re running out of ideas on things to do with your kids look no further than our Best Things To Do In and Near Mount Laurel With Kids!
We will help you save money, make memories, and experience all that the South Jersey and Philadelphia area have to offer. Our listing includes popular and unique places to visit in and near Mt. Laurel such as family attractions, museums for kids, escape rooms, theme parks, waterparks, and more.
Check out some of our favorite things to do with kids all within a 30 mile radius of Mt. Laurel
Let’s start with our favorite indoor family attractions and play areas near Mount Laurel. Rain or shine, all of these are a great option when you are looking for indoor activities for kids in the Mt. Laurel area.
Indoor attractions and activities near Mount Laurel
Great Escape Room Challenge. This Cherry Hill escape room location has multiple options including one for kids 12 and under. For more information call (856) 528-5540 or visit their website here. Darts of War. Tired of picking up Nerf bullets? Head to this indoor arena for some open play and let the kids blast each other all they want! There’s also a gaming room with enough Xboxes for up to 40 kids! For more information call (856) 409-0010 or visit their websitehere.
- The Rink Skating Center. Open daily in Delanco, but head there Wednesdays for discounted Family Fun Nights! For more information call (856) 461-3770 or visit their website here.
- Sky Zone Moorestown. There’s jumping to be done but try out the ninja warrior course and see if you can beat that wall! For more information call (856) 600-4402 or visit their website here
- Gravity Vault Voorhees. Join your family as you all climb to new heights and work some muscles you didn’t know you had. For more information call (856) 888-2814 or visit their website here.
Big League Dreams Hidden away in Medford is your newest family challenge – knockerball (and more)! For more information call (609) 654-4555 or visit their website here.
- Moorestown Mall. Shopping for the big kids and a play area for the littles (see our review from 2014), and a Regal Cinemas (summer movies for $1, find out more here, 2019 information will be released soon!) make this mall a perfect bad weather day destination. For more information call (856) 231-444 or visit their website here.
- Tilt Studio Voorhees. Burn off that energy with a laser maze, fun ball play area and some competitive video games at this indoor arcade. For more information call (856) 782-6572 or visit there website here
Museums for kids near Mount Laurel
Some of our favorite museums in New Jersey and Philadelphia are located near Mt. Laurel and are perfect for kids.
- Adventure Aquarium. This well regarded aquarium is a must see on the Delaware riverfront with the largest collection of sharks in the Northeast. Read more about our visits here. For more information call (844) 474-3474 or visit their website here.
- New Jersey State Museum. With free admission, monthly family programs and a planetarium, you’ll want to head to Trenton for some culture and education. For more information call (609) 292-646 or visit their website here.
- Please Touch Museum. A fan favorite in Philadelphia, this hands on space keeps kids occupied for a full day of fun. For a list of free admission dates visit our article here. For more information call (215) 581-3181 or visit their website here.
Garden State Discovery Center. Imaginations run wild at this south Jersey play space where kids can fix a car, dig for dinosaurs, look through a giant eyeball and more. For more information call (856) 424-1233 or visit their websitehere.
Make, Take, and Create studios in and near Mt. Laurel
Sometimes we just want to slow down with our kids and create something beautiful. Check out these ceramic and paint studios near Mt. Laurel where kids can get creative.
- AR Workshop. Need some new home decor – grab your tween or teen and book a workshop in Turnersville for a custom creation you’ll treasure. For more information call (856) 401-0376 or visit their website here.
- All Fired Up. Story Times with a craft, pottery painting, and glass fusing makes for a creative day out in charming Collingswood. For more information call (856) 833-1330 or visit their website here.
Outdoor attractions and activities near Mount Laurel
When the weather is great, we always encourage families to get outdoors. With these outdoor places to visit near Mt. Laurel, you’ll always have an amazing time.
The best playgrounds for kids in and near Mt. Laurel
Let’s start with our playgrounds. Here are some of the best playgrounds for kids in the Mt. Laurel area.
- Jake’s Place is on Borton’s Mill Road in Cherry Hill. It’s a fun inclusive playground with picnic facilities, restrooms and an enclosed and accessible baseball field. Find out more at their website here.
- Fasola Park is at 12 Sycamore Lane in Deptford. Hot days call for sprinklers and fun and that’s just what you’ll find at Fasola Park. Read our review here.
- Field of Dreams playground is on Crown Pointe Road in Deptford. This is a giant wooden playground and is fenced – perfect for your escape artists. Read our review here.
Theme parks, gardens, and other places for kids to visit near Mt. Laurel
- Diggerland. The most unique theme park in New Jersey where you can drive machinery, ride high in the sky, open seasonally and a definite must do. Diggerland is one of our Jersey Family Fun favorites, and since 2014 the park has kept us entertained and coming back for more. In addition to the construction vehicles there’s an arcade, a zip line and 4 story ropes course that our kids always check out. Open from March – December! For more information read our Everything You Want to Know About Diggerland USA guide, call (856) 528-4147 or visit their website.
Sahara Sam’s Oasis. Where do families go for year round water park fun? Sahara Sam’s in Berlin! A Jersey Family Fun partner for almost ten years, Sahara Sam’s offers a clean, safe and fun way to splash and surf and slide no matter the weather outside. All ages will find something to enjoy from a surf simulator to plenty of kiddie splash areas. Season passes are available! For more information call (856) 767-7580 or visit our link here.
- Battleship New Jersey Museum & Memorial. The USA’s most decorated battleship rests in the Delaware River and is open for visitors to learn about the history of the ship and the US military. For more information call (856) 966-1652 or visit their website here.
- Funplex. The Mount Laurel location of this indoor/outdoor amusement complex offers an arcade, laser tag, rides and an outdoor seasonal waterpark. For more information call (856) 273-9666 or visit their website here.
- Red Bank Battlefield Park. The site of a 1777 battle, a historic home and a picturesque park is a great spot to learn about history and get some fresh air as a family. For more information call (856) 853-5120 or visit their website here.
- Camden Children’s Garden.
Children’s themed gardens and rides provide a beautiful backdrop for a day out for the little ones. For more information call (856) 365-8733 or visit their website here.
- Johnson’s Corner Farm. Medford’s family farm offers U-pick, family activities and year round seasonal fun. For more information call (609) 654-8643 or visit their website here.
- Pleasant Valley Mini Golf. A classic miniature golf course open since 1972 in Voorhees. For more information call (856) 767-2167 or visit their website here.
Great restaurants for kids near Mt. Laurel
It’s only natural that after a day of play kids would get hungry. Fill them up at these family restaurants near Mount Laurel that are great for kids.
- Silver Diner. Classic food and a great gluten-free menu in Cherry Hill! See our review here. For more information call (856) 910-1240 or visit their website here.
- California Pizza Kitchen. Their unique pizzas give something for everyone! For more information call (856) 910-8121 or visit their website here.
- Hashhouse A Go Go. Jersey Family Fun had a delicious and fun meal at this Moorestown location of the midwest chain. See our photos here. For more information call (856) 439-6550 or visit their website here.
- Chick-Fil-A. These yummy fast food spots have play areas for your little ones to burn off energy. The Mt. Laurel location offers free food for kids on Tuesdays! For more information visit their website here.
- Pop Shop. This family friendly spot has locations in Medford and Collingswood and offers fun activities. Kids in pajamas eat free Saturday mornings in Medford! For more information call (609) 975-6888 or visit their website here for Medford, or (856) 869-0111 or visit their website here for Collingswood.
Bonus – head out to one of these Mt. Laurel restaurants with Kids Eat Free on Tuesdays
- Ruby Tuesday, 4011 Dearborn Circle, Mt. Laurel 856-439-0042
- Chick-Fil-A, 58 Centerton Road, Mt. Laurel (856) 439-2696
- Bob Evans, 601 Fellowship Road, Mt. Laurel (856) 231-9125
- Miller’s Ale House, 554 Fellowship Road, Mt. Laurel 856-722-5690
- B. Good, 26 Centerton Road, 856-242-3717Mt. Laurel