Are you looking to make better use of the Mercer County Libraries?
Did you know there are so many Mercer County Library Events for kids?
No matter what age your children are, there is something for them at your local library! Some libraries in Mercer County offer daily events, and some are weekly, or even monthly. Just stop in! Some library websites aren’t maintained daily, and your library might do a better job posting signs than posting online.
Reasons to Visit your Mercer County Libraries
- Learn more about reciprocal borrowing privileges through PALS Plus. PALS Plus includes a group of public and academic libraries located throughout New Jersey. Members share library and computer resources.
- Does your child just HAVE to have the next installment of the series they’re reading? Don’t run to Barnes and Noble before you check out your reciprocal privileges!
- No Mercer County Library Events when your kids are available for them? No problem! Stop in for a movie, CD, or of course a DVD. Exposing your children to the benefits of the library can inspire a love of reading and strengthen their resource skills.
- Libraries fit your budget! Free books, CDs, and often time movies, along with ebooks and audiobooks can help those with a limited entertainment budget. Have a preschooler at home and need to fill the days? Libraries offer story times, crafts, and even yoga. See below for what some Mercer County libraries offer!
What you need to know about the Mercer County Libraries
- There are 9 Branches in the Mercer County Library System and 5 other member libraries. See the list below.
- Some events may be limited to residents so call ahead if you’re unsure. Some also require preregistration.
- If your library doesn’t offer a program you’d be interested in, speak up! Most libraries have a Friends of the Library group that might be able to fund a program or event.
- Libraries offer plenty of adult programs too so take some time for yourself and join a book club, knitting club, or attend an author lecture.
The Mercer County Library System Locations
- Lawrence – 2751 Brunswick Pike, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648. 609-882-9246.
- Ewing -61 Scotch Rd, Ewing, NJ 08628. 609-882-3135.
- Hickory Corner – 138 Hickory Corner Rd, East Windsor, NJ 08520. 609-448-1330.
- Hightstown – 114 Franklin Street, Hightstown, NJ 08520. 609-448-1474.
- Hollowbrook – 320 Hollowbrook Dr, Trenton, NJ 08638. 609-883-5914.
- Hopewell – 245 Pennington Titusville Rd, Pennington, NJ 08534. 609-737-2610.
- Robbinsville – 42 Robbinsville Allentown Rd, Robbinsville, NJ 08691. 609-259-2150.
- Twin Rivers – 276 Abbington Dr, East Windsor, NJ 08520. 609-443-1880.
- West Windsor – 333 North Post Rd, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550. 609-799-0462.
Other Libraries in Mercer County not part of the county system
- Hamilton Township Public Library – 1 Justice Samuel A. Alito, Jr. Way, Hamilton, NJ 08619. 609-581-4060.
- Hopewell Borough Public Library – 13 E. Broad Street, Hopewell, NJ 08525. 609-466-1625.
- Pennington Borough Public Library – 30 North Main Street, Pennington, NJ 08534. 609-737-0404.
- Princeton Public Library – 65 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ 08542. 609-924-9529.
- Trenton Public Library – 120 Academy Street, Trenton, NJ 08608. 609-392-7188.