This is not a sponsored post.
Maxim Glen and Modick Parks – Sussex County, New Jersey – Parks & Playgrounds
These great parks, Maxim Glen and Modick Parks, are located adjacent to each other on the corner of Lakeside Boulevard and Hopatchung Road in Hopatcong, NJ. With a gorgeous view of Lake Hopatcong and two great playgrounds, you can’t go wrong by spending the day at these parks.
3 Reasons my Family Loves Maxim Glen and Modick Parks
- Play areas for all ages! Modick Park offers 2 playgrounds so the whole family can enjoy a day out. The area designated for little ones is fenced in which is great for children who love to run EVERYWHERE! The playground for older children was recently installed and offers fun for kids ages 5+ (although some younger children can play with careful supervision as the slides are very steep). Lastly, this park has 2 full size basketball courts for teenagers and adults.
- Wonderful walking path! Maxim Glen park offers a beautiful walking path that is great for exercising, taking a leisurely walk and pushing strollers. Four times around is equivalent to one mile.
- Maxim Glen and Modick Parks are erfect for family pictures! Both parks offer beautiful scenery in all seasons. Young children in their communion outfits, teenagers getting ready for the prom and proud families on graduation day can all be seen taking memorable photos. I was lucky enough to take amazing family and maternity pictures during the beautiful fall season.
What Maxim Glen and Modick Parks offers:
- 2 basketball courts
- 2 playgrounds (one fenced in for tiny tots)
- Gazebo for events and gatherings
- Walking path
- Picnic tables as well as open space for creating your own picnic area
- Veteran’s Memorial on-site
- Within walking distance to local delis, pizzerias and Dunkin’ Donuts
- Location for free movies in the summer
- Free ice cream is provided every Thursday at 6:30pm in the summer sponsored by Byram Bay Church
The Maxim Glen and Modick Parks are open from sunrise to sunset and are free of charge. It is important to note that dogs are not allowed on premises. Rollerblading, skateboarding and bike riding are also not permitted on the walking path.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.