I was perusing Pinterest looking for some new fun Halloween food ideas when I kept seeing posts for spaghetti stuffed peppers that looked like jack-o-lanterns. I wasn’t sure that my kids would eat the pepper with spaghetti oozing out of it though it sure did look fun. I decided to make simpler stuffed peppers instead and added faces to them. The peppers were a hit, the kids giggled and even asked me to make another batch for when we go Trick or Treating.
What you need to make Halloween Stuffed Peppers
- 4-6 orange bell peppers
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 1/2 cup of white rice
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- Pepper and Oregano
- Sliced American Cheese
- Casserole Dish
- Sharp Knife
Of course this is only a guideline, you can make your peppers with your normal recipe.
Directions for making Halloween Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat your over to 350°.
- Wash and clean the seeds out of the peppers.
- Slice the top of your pepper off and place to the side.
- Using a sharp knife carefully begin to carve faces into your peppers.
- Pour a light layer of sauce into a casserole dish and place the peppers in the dish.
- Make your rice.
- Brown ground beef.
- Combine rice, ground beef, remaining sauce and spices and pour inside the pepper.
- Place the pepper top back on top of the pepper.
- Cover with foil and back for 45 minutes.
- When the oven beeps take the tops off the peppers and place a slice of cheese then put back in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven and place pepper top back onto the pepper.
- Allow it to cool.