We received Luca Lashes Visits Mommy in the Hospital at no charge, to review.
We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with
families information about ebooks we think your family may enjoy.
One of my sons favorite words is brave. Whenever he takes on a new experience or does something that makes him scared we remind him that he is being brave. He loves to tell me, “Mommy I was so brave”. I think it’s important to reinforce his bravery because he is 3 and at his age so many new experiences can be scary. This is one of the reasons why I love the Luca Lashes series of ebooks. Each book in the series is about a situation that could cause Luca to be scared and with the help of his magical eye lashes he overcomes his fears.
My son and I recently had the chance to review Luca Lashes Visits Mommy in the Hospital Ebook. The Ebook has between 75 and 100 interactive opportunities which are usable by pausing the story.
Did you know that 75 -100 interactions is enough to keep a 3 year old happy, for a long time?
When I turned the e-book on, I attempted to show my son what to do but he instantly figured it out on his own and was flipping pages and interacting with the book.
Ways Kids Can Interact With Luca Lashes Visits Mommy in the Hospital E-book
- Turn pages
- Listen to the story
- Pause pages to interact
- Make the balloon in Mommy’s room move
- Make the hospital monitor beep
- Turn the lights on and off in Mommy’s room
- Make the Teddy Bear giggle
- Move the trash can
- Make the flies on Luca’s shirt move
- Touch Luca to make him talk
- Touch Luca’s Daddy to make him talk
- And many more, with 75 – 100 interaction my son finds a new one every time he plays with it.
What I Love About Luca Lashes Visits Mommy in the Hospital
- The story is not scary at all.
- Luca’s Mommy has an “owie” no scary sick words are used.
- The wires and IV lines are explained in a gentle way.
- The story focuses on bringing Mom flowers and making cards, not on the illness.
- At the end of the story there are tips for parents for taking children to a hospital.
I was wary of letting my son play with this e-book because I was afraid that the subject of Mommy being in a hospital would be scary for him. This was not the case at all. Luca Lashes Visits Mommy in the Hospital handles the subject in a calm and gentle way. The Luca Lashes books are a great way to introduce a child to an experience that may be scary, so that they can prepare themselves for it.
You can also visit the Luca Lashes website to download activity sheets that accompany the e-books and app and take the learning offline.
Lucas Lashes Activities include:
- Connect the dots
- Coloring pages
- Find it!
- Find the differences
- Review questions to test comprehension
- Cut and Paste
- Silly things
Luca Lashes Visits Mommy in the Hospital is available for $1.99 on Itunes, Google Play, Amazon App Store or Nook. There are also a variety of Luca Lashes Apps available.