Originally published in 2013, but updated and republished annually.
Local Museums with Free Admission for the Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day Live
Museum Day Live is an annual event hosted by the Smithsonian Magazine, this year is the 11th annual Museum Day. Museum Day is Saturday, September 22, 2018. During this event select museums around the country offer free admission to guests holding a Free Museum Day ticket. With so many museums participating there is something for all families to enjoy.
How do I get Free Museum Day tickets?
- Visit the Smithsonian Magazine website (Tickets go live August 15th).
- Fill out the form here to get your free tickets (Please note that only one ticket per household for 2 people).
- Tickets will then be emailed to you. Print the tickets out and bring them to the museum you selected.
- The ticket will gain you access into the museum only, if there is a charge for parking or special exhibits you will need to pay additional for those.
- Also please note if the museum reaches capacity, you will not be able to enter until space becomes available.
New Jersey Museums with FREE admission for Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day Live Saturday, September 22, 2018
- Historical Society of Princeton – Princeton
- Monmouth County Historical Association – Freehold
- MCHA Covenhoven House – Freehold
- Whitesbog Cranberry and Blueberry Museum – Browns Mills
- Hunterdon Art Museum – Clinton
- Dey Mansion – Wayne
- American Labor Museum/Botto House National Landmark – Haledon
- MCHA Holmes-Hendrickson House – Holmdel
- Museum of Early Trades and Crafts – Madison
- MCHA – Marlpit Hall – Middletown
- MCHA – Taylor-Butler House – Middletown
- Morris Museum – Morristown
- New Jersey State Museum and Planetarium – Trenton
- Old Barracks Museum – Trenton
- Liberty Hall Museum – Union
- MCHA – Tavern at Allen House – Shrewsbury
- Newark Museum – Newark
- Historic Smithville Mansion – Eastampton
- United State Golf Association Museum – Far Hills
Philadelphia Museums with FREE admission for Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day Live Saturday, September 22, 2018
- The Print Center
- Independence Seaport Museum
- Woodmere Art Museum
- African American Museum
- Laurel Hill Mansion
- The Academy of Natural Sciences
New York City Museums with FREE admission for Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day Live Saturday, September 22, 2018
- Asia Society and Museum
- American Folk Art Museum
- Museum of Arts and Design
- Fraunces Tavern Museum
- Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum
- Mount Vernon Hotel, Museum and Garden
- Museum of Chinese in America
- New York City Fire Museum
- Society of Illustrators
- The Cathedral of St. John the Divine
- Ukrainian Museum
- Staten Island Museum at Snug Harbor
- The Noble Maritime Museum
- The Jewish Museum
What a great opportunity to take your family out for the day, save a few dollars and have fun while learning.
Where will you go for Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day Live?