While there are multiple times of the year when we recognize veterans and active military, here at Jersey Family Fun, we like to honor those brave heroes all year long. We have compiled a list of day trip destinations in our area that do just that… by offering them discounts! Here is our list of great local family attractions with military discounts.
Local New Jersey Family Attractions with Military Discounts
It is important to check with each park or destination ahead of time to confirm if tickets are to be purchased in advance or in person in order to take advantage of your military discount.
New Jersey Amusement Parks with Military Discounts
- Diggerland (Camden County) – $28.95 admission for military I.D. holder and up to 3 additional family members (not valid on online ticket purchases).
- Storybook Land (Atlantic County) – Active/Retired military with I.D. will receive $3 off regular adult admission price.
New Jersey Water Parks with Military Discounts
- Sahara Sams Oasis Indoor & Outdoor Water Park (Camden County) – $10 off regular admission for military I.D. holder and up to 3 additional family members (not valid on online ticket purchases).
- Coco Key Indoor Water Park (Burlington County) – Present military I.D. to receive up to 4 all day passes for $22, which is a discount of $13 per ticket.
New Jersey Museums with Military Discounts
- Newark Museum (Essex County) – Active Duty Military Free
- US Naval Air Station (Cape May County) – Active Duty Military Free
- New Jersey Vietnam Veterans Memorial and Museum (Monmouth County) – Active Duty and Veterans Free
- Yogi Berra Museum (Essex County) – Veterans Free
New Jersey Museums with free Summer admission for active military personnel
The Blue Star Museums Program offers free admission to the nation’s active-duty military personnel and their families, including National Guard and Reserve, from May 18 2019, Armed Forces Day through September 2, Labor Day, 2019. Sign up is through the Blue Star Museums website.
- Atlantic City, Atlantic County – Noyes Art Garage of Stockton University
- Eastampton, Burlington County – Friends of the Mansion at Smithville
- Haledon, Passaic County – American Labor Museum
- Hammonton, Atlantic County – The Noyes Museum of Stockton University
- Lambertville, Hunterdon County – Lambertville Historical Society
- Liberty Corner, Somerset County – USGA Golf Museum
- Lincroft, Monmouth County – Monmouth Museum
- Madison, Morris County – Museum of Early Trades & Crafts
- Matawan, Monmouth County – Thomas Warne Museum & Library
- Millville, Cumberland County – Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center
- Montclair, Essex County- Montclair Art Museum
- Morris Plains, Morris County- The Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms
- Morristown, Morris County – Fosterfields Living Historical Farm, Morris County Historical Society, Morris County Park Commission-Historic Speedwell, Morris Museum, Macculloch Hall
- Mount Holly, Burlington County – Burlington County Prison Museum Association
- New Brunswick, Middlesex County – Rutgers Geology Museum
- Ocean City, Ocean City Historical Museum
- Piscataway, Cornelius Low House, East Jersey Old Town Village
- Princeton, Mercer County – Historical Society of Princeton, Morven Museum & Garden, Princeton University Art Museum
- Rahway, Union County – Merchants and Drovers Tavern Museum
- River Edge, Bergen County – Bergen County Historical Society
- Roebling, Burlington County – Roebling Museum
- Somers Point, Atlantic County – Atlantic County Historical Society, Somers Point Historical Society
- Trenton, Mercer County – New Jersey State Museum, Old Barracks Museum
- Tuckerton, Atlantic County – Tuckerton Seaport & Baymen’s Museum
- Union, Union County – Liberty Hall Museum
- Vineland, Cumberland County – Vineland Historical Society
- Wall, Monmouth County – InfoAge History Museum and Learning Center
- Wayne, Passaic County – Dey Mansion, Washington’s Headquarters
Other New Jersey Family Attractions with Military Discounts
- Tuckerton Seaport (Ocean County) – Free admission to active military and entire family; free admission to veteran with one guest.
- Medieval Times (Bergen County) – Purchase at your military base or online for a discounted rate.
- Bergen County Zoo (Bergen County) – Admission for active military is free.
- Battleship New Jersey (Camden County) – Active duty with military with I.D. get in FREE.
- Adventure Aquarium (Camden County) – $4 discount on admission for active or retired military, disabled veterans, and military reservists, spouses and dependents.
- iPlay America (Monmouth County) – 10% off game cards and ride bands for military I.D. holder and their family.
- Casino Pier and Breakwater Beach (Ocean County) – 20% off each ride and slide combo ticket for military I.D. holder and 3 additional family members. $7 go-kart admission.
Many New Jersey beaches offer discounted rates for military. Find out more information in our article, found here.
Local New York City Family Attractions with Military Discounts
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum Complex – Active military and Veterans receive free admission.
- Bronx Zoo -FREE Total Experience Ticket or General Admission ticket and 50% off discount for up to three family members included on the same admissions transaction.
- New York Aquarium – FREE General Admission ticket and 50% discount for up to three family members included on the same admissions transaction.
- 9/11 Memorial & Museum – Active military and Veterans receive free admission.
Local Pennsylvania Family Attractions with Military Discounts
- Sesame Place (Langhorne, PA) – Waves of Honor program permits any U.S. active duty military, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman, to one complimentary admission per year along with up to 3 direct dependents. I.D. must be presented at ticket counter. In addition to this offer, qualified service members and veterans, which include active, retired, honorably separated and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military are also eligible for 50% off admission for up to 6 family members per visit throughout the current season. These discount tickets must be purchased online and is not available at the gate.
- National Constitution Center (Philadelphia, PA) – Military personnel receive FREE admission with I.D. Veterans receive $11 admission.
- Penn Museum (Philadelphia, PA) – Year round FREE admission for active military members with I.D.
- Please Touch Museum (Philadelphia, PA) -Active duty personnel with valid ID receive 6 free admissions from Memorial Day through Labor Day and $2 off per ticket (up to four tickets) for the rest of the year. Veterans receive $2 off per ticket (up to four tickets) at anytime.
- Dutch Wonderland (Lancaster, PA) – Active and retired duty military personnel and their families receive $11 off daily admission.
- Elmwood Park Zoo (Norristown, PA) – All active duty members receive free admission. Veterans and accompanying families receive a discounted admission of $10.95.
- Hershey Park (Hershey, PA) – Print out a coupon from their website for use in purchasing up to 8 admissions with military I.D. $20 off per ticket for adults and $4 off kids and seniors.
- Philadelphia Zoo (Philadelphia, PA) – Ticket discount offered for active military. Tickets must be purchased in person.
It is important to check with each park or destination ahead of time, as some require the tickets to be bought ahead, and some require them to be bought at the gate in order to take advantage of your military discount. We hope you will use this list when choosing where to take your military family on some great day trips! If you find any we missed, please leave a comment below and we will be happy to add them to our list!