This post was sponsored by the ConKerr Cancer foundation who invited
Jersey Family Fun to be blogger ambassadors for the ConKerr Cancer Pajama Party.
We appreciate their support that allows us to share with families information about
fun family friendly fundraisers we think your family may enjoy.
What happens when local bloggers get together to ConKerr Cancer?
Great things and great awareness for a charity that is bringing smiles to children during a difficult time in their lives! ConKerr Cancer’s mission is to bring comfort and smiles to children while they are battling cancer or another life-threatening illness. The ConKerr Cancer Pajama Party was at the Please Touch Museum in Philadelphia on March 21, 2014 from 6-9 pm and provided an opportunity for bloggers to come together to help families in our community.
In the weeks, leading up to the ConKerr Cancer Pajama Party, Philadelphia-area bloggers shared news of this great event through blog posts and social media mentions across Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. We reached out to our readers to share the great work ConKerr Cancer does and to get our readers to come out and join us for a night of fun and pillowcase making. We worked to raise awareness and attendance for the ConKerr Cancer Pajama Party and funds and pillowcases for ConKerr Cancer.
But our volunteer efforts didn’t stop once the pajama party started. We kept going. Perhaps you saw us on our phones (while in our pjs), tapping away. Between activities, refreshments, and sewing, we were sharing pictures and details on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. You may not have been able to attend the party but you could certainly follow along with the hashtag #ConkerrPJParty. On just Twitter alone, we were reaching over 50,000 followers. Across all of our networks, we reached hundreds of thousands. Not only was it great fun for us, but it was a chance for us all to use our influence and reach to help an organization that is doing so much to help kids going through something so terrible.
My fellow ConKerr Cancer Philadelphia Blogger Ambassadors
- Lisa Lightner, A Day in Our Shoes
- Melinda Babiak, Look What Mom Found
- Trina Peruski O’Boyle, Oboyorganic.com
- Tina Creaney Seitzinger, Life Without Pink
- Linda Pham-Vertlieb, Frugal Philly Mom
ConKerr Cancer Pajama Party Highlights
- More than 1,000 pajama-clad guests of all ages attended to support the ConKerr Cancer Pajama Party Please Touch Museum
- 75 volunteers included many local chapter representatives as well as volunteers from 18 different U.S.ConKerr Cancer chapters.
- The PJ Party enabled children in treatment to enjoy a fun night away from the hospital with their families and it also brought out supporters from the Philadelphia community who came to share the night with our “stars”.
ConKerr Cancer Pajama Party Activities
- Partygoers enjoyed scoops of Rita’s Water Ice
- Giveaways from Philadelphia’s country radio station, 92.5 WXTU
- The Philadelphia Zoo introduced guests to their special visitors, which included a 19-year-old tortoise and a very lively armadillo.
- The dance floor was packed all night with kids, Miss American Teenager pageant winners, and the Philadelphia Eagles cheerleaders along with mascot SWOOP grooving to DJ Lady Fx’s tunes.
- TOKI (Traditional Okinawan Karate Institute) of West Chester, Pa. gave a live demonstration with highly impressive choreography.
- Faces painting
- Photos in a handmade photobooth by Drexel University’s Westphal College
- Sew pillowcases to be delivered to children battling life-changing illnesses at hospitals all across the United States.
- NBC 10’s Glenn “Hurricane” Schwartz, former Eagles player and current 94 WIP co-host Hollis Thomas and Philadelphia Flyers alumni Bob Kelly and Todd Fedoruk were all there to take photos, sign autographs and support the cause.
Other Key Players for the ConKerr Cancer Pajama Party
The 2nd ConKerr Cancer PJ Party would not have been possible without the generosity of these sponsors.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- K-10 Foundation
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand
- Independence Blue Cross
- Cancer Centers of America
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse Foundation
- Sage Financial Group
- Bryn Mawr Trust
- Pennsylvania Trust
- Bayada Home Health Care
- Uncle Bill’s Pancake House
- The Please Touch Museum
See more photos from the ConKerr Cancer Pajama Party in our Facebook Gallery.
In full disclosure, this post has been sponsored by ConKerr Cancer. Jersey Family Fun received tickets to attend for this post and a giveaway. All opinions are our own based on our experience.