This post was sponsored by The Tuckerton Seaport who is a Jersey Family Fun Partner in Fun. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about things to do with kids in Ocean County & New Jersey attractions we think your family may enjoy.
Life on the Edge Exhibit and Jacques Cousteau National
Tuckerton Seaport has many exhibits but the newest of them all had me and my children blown away! This exhibit is in the main building on the 3rd floor. It includes a lot of interactive play for children.
10 Things to do in the Life on the Edge Exhibit at the Tuckerton Seaport
- A microscope to look more closely at sea life.
- A display where you put your face in and look like a frog.
- Buttons to push that makes different frog croaks.
- Turn the dial and see the difference between an ecosystem with lots of housing and without housing.
- Take the magnifying glass and look closely at the different butterflies.
- Turn the knob and look to see what the shore is like during winter, fall, summer and spring.
- Open all different doors and see all different kinds of shore life on land, sea and air.
- Push the button on the giant view finder to see the story of Tucker’s Island Lighthouse.
- Click on the different animal and sea creatures name, guess correctly and it lights up! How well do you know you animals?
- Learn what you can do to make your ecosystem cleaner. Turn the pieces around in the puzzles to reveal the picture.
There was so many different interactive pieces to push. What will you learn about your ecosystem and how will you help the environment? Check it out at the Tuckerton Seaport today!
Tuckerton Seaport is located at 120 West Main Street in historic Tuckerton and is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, please call 609-296-8868 or go to www.TuckertonSeaport.org. Events at Tuckerton Seaport are funded in part by a grant from the New Jersey Department of State, Division of Travel and Tourism, www.visitnj.org.
Read more about The Tuckerton Seaport by checking out our Tuckerton Seaport series.