In full disclosure, we were given passes to visit the Liberty Science Center Dino Dig exhibit. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun and our efforts to share fun things to do in New Jersey with our readers.
Do you have a dinosaur lover in your family?
Dinosaurs are always a favorite topic for children, and I know my kids are no exception. They have both loved dinosaurs for years. They love to learn about dinosaurs through the things they read, the shows they watch, and the games they play. Both have their favorite dinosaurs. My son loves pterodactyls and my daughter loves brachiosaurus. So, we are always looking for new opportunities to have fun learning about dinosaurs.
Recently, we had the chance to visit “Jack Horner’s: Dino Dig” the Liberty Science Center Dino Dig exhibit. As we made our way through the exhibit we were able to dig for various dinosaurs fossils and learn some cool new facts about some of our favorite dinosaurs.
Why We Love Jack Horner’s Dino Dig Liberty Science Center Dino Dig exhibit
It’s a hands on experience.
This is not a typical museum dinosaur exhibit. We’ve been to several museums with dinosaur exhibits and they mostly involved looking at dinosaur bones and pictures, while reading about them. As soon as we entered the exhibit we were given a big brush and we knew this was going to be a different experience. The kids are able to choose spots in the sand and actually dig for fossils. We felt like real paleontologists. The exhibit is set up in different sections like a real dinosaur dig site. The children are encouraged to make their way throughout the entire dig site and explore the different fossils.
Liberty Science Center Dino Dig exhibit volunteer “paleontologists” are knowledgeable and helpful.
When you start digging at the Dino Dig exhibit you are not on your own to explore. There are “paleontologists” stationed throughout the dig to assist. Not only do they help tell you where to dig they explain what you are finding as you dig. They also asked my kids questions to expand their knowledge about dinosaurs. They had the kids make guesses about what they were finding and then gave them background knowledge about the dinosaurs. Did you know that the Maiasaurus’ name means “mother lizard” because their fossils are always found with fossilized eggs? That is just one of the many new dinosaur facts we learned during our visit to the Liberty Science Center Dino Dig exhibit.
The dinosaur fun is not limited to Jack Horner’s Dino Dig
After you have finished digging for dinosaurs in the dino dig, you can find more dinosaur fun throughout the museum. There are dinosaur-themed story times throughout the day. In the lab on the 4th floor, you can dig dinosaur fossils out of clay. You can search for Rex in his hiding spot of the day and win a prize for finding him. Kids can even get $5 off their admission ticket for wearing dinosaur themed clothing. It is definitely the “Dino Days of Summer” at Liberty Science Center.
Jack Horner’s Liberty Science Center Dino Dig exhibit will be open until September 4, 2017, and entrance to the exhibit is included with admission to the science center.
For more details about the Jack Horner’s Dino Dig exhibit at the Liberty Science Center, please visit the Liberty Science Center website.
The Liberty Science Center is open from 9:30 AM -5:30 PM daily. Tickets are $21.75 for adults and $17.75 for children ages 2-12. Don’t forget to have your child wear dinosaur themed clothing so they can save $5.
For more pictures from our visit to Liberty Science Center, see our Facebook Photo Gallery.
To learn more about the Liberty Science Center visit our Liberty Science Center series.
Ready to win a Family 4 Pack of Liberty Science Center tickets?
Some things to consider before you enter:
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants can earn a free entry by checking the first free entry box.
- You may earn an additional entry by leaving one comment on the Jersey Family Fun giveaway/contest blog post, that answers the question being asked during the timeframe of the contest. Comments that do not answer the question, while appreciated, will not be valid or count as meeting the requirement. Comments left after the giveaway/contest has closed will not be valid toward the contest.
- Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry. This information will not be shared with the giveaway sponsor unless it is stated in the contest/giveaway blog post itself.
- Our giveaways/contests are by no means sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or any other social media platform. You may use them to earn additional entries, but you are not required to use them to enter. None of these social media channels are responsible if you don’t win.
- No purchase is ever necessary to win a Jersey Family Fun prize in an online contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
- We will pick 1 winner. The winner will get a family 4-pack of tickets. Winner agrees to provide contact and shipping information to Jersey Family Fun and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- One winner per household of any prize within a 30-day period.
- The winners’ tickets will be mailed to them prior to the show.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States.
- Unless stated otherwise ticket and gift card prizes are only valid in New Jersey and for specific dates/performances. Void where prohibited by law.
- You have until August 10, 2017, at midnight to enter. The winner will be announced August 11, 2017.
- Please claim your prize by emailing us back your name and mailing address to Melanie within 24 hours. All prizes not claimed will either remain with the company sponsor or Jersey Family Fun to be used at a later date.
After you’ve entered here be sure to check out our other current giveaways.