This is not a sponsored post.
In select ShopRite stores, ShopRite has started “Kids Cook Mondays”. Some ShopRites do not advertise online and some do. The ones that I know about are in Glassboro, New Jersey and West Berlin, New Jersey. The December dates will be announced and added to our New Jersey Calendar of Events; it is one Monday night a month.
This past Kids Cook Monday at West Berlin ShopRite we made Pumpkin Pie Parfaits with Sarah Leib, the registered dietitian at the store. The children are each given a recipe with directions of how to make the item of the month.
Tips for participating in the Shoprite Kids Cook Mondays
- Arrive promptly at 5:30pm (or the time listed at sign-up). Since these are easy they only last about 30 minutes.
- Change school clothes before going, it is messy!
- Sign-ups are located at Scrunchy’s Playhouse in store.
- This is geared for children 5 years and up. If you would like a younger child to do it you are just required to stay with the child to help them out.
- It’s completely free!
Pumpkin Pie Parfait Recipe
Ingredients for a Pumpkin Pie Parfait Recipe:
- 2 cups vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- Toppings (you choose which ones you or your children like)
- diced apples
- crushed nuts
- granola or crunchy cereal
- crushed graham crackers or ginger snaps
Materials you will need to make a Pumpkin Pie Parfait Recipe:
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
Directions to make a Pumpkin Pie Parfait Recipe:
- In large bowl: mix together the yogurt, pumpkin, and cinnamon.
- Into each of four, serving cups, spoon 1/8 of the pumpkin mixture. Top with a sprinkle of toppings. Repeat another layer of pumpkin mixture and toppings.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
We hope you have as much fun as we had! Next month they are making fruit pizza! Sounds different and yummy!
Remember to check our Calendar of Events in your area!
Want more recipes? Check out our other Kid Friendly Recipes!