Kidgits Indoor Playground at Livingston Mall
This winter has been filled with snow, snow, and more snow. In between snow days are the freezing cold days that leave us shivering once we venture outside. It has left my family scrambling for new activities when we can’t enjoy the snow outdoors. Conveniently located in front of Sears on the ground floor and with a Dunkin’ Donuts several feet away, parents can relax at the Kidgits Indoor Playground at the Livingston Mall as they supervise their children running and climbing. After a long day of shopping you can finish at this spot as a reward for well-behaved children or just start here if you prefer. It is a great option for escaping rainy days as well as the snow days that appear to have no end in sight this winter.
3 Reasons My Family Loves the Kidgits Indoor Playground at Livingston Mall
- It’s free! There is no admission fee to use this indoor playground. If your child needs an hour of just playing and stimulation this very well could be what they need. The only money you spend will be at the surrounding stores.
- Variety of activities. My 2.5 year old and 18 month old have so much fun as they climb into the bright blue car or as they run around the house so they can go down the slide. The design fits the needs of toddlers perfectly. For the pre-crawler it is a wonderful space but can be overwhelming if a group of kids begin a game of Tag. However in the back area are large puzzles, so if you feel overwhelmed that is great to investigate. The indoor playground is designed for children 42” and smaller, however don’t be surprised if you see some kids are taller than that.
- Conveniently Enclosed Area. This is a great option especially if you want to pick up a coffee at the Dunkin’ Donuts or the Starbucks Café in the Barnes and Noble (a little further walk). There is also a dollar store right next to the playground area which I noticed one mom stocking up on some snacks and bottled water. As well, there is plenty of comfortable seats in the surrounding perimeter of the playground for adults to sit and enjoy the free Wi-Fi. Since there is only one exit and entrance it is easy to keep a watchful eye.
What the Kidgits Indoor Playground Offers at the Livingston Mall Offers
- Carpeted and cushioned play area for children.
- It’s bright and colorful!
- Comfortable seating surrounding the play area for adults to supervise. Underneath the seating is cubby holes for shoes to be stored.
- Play car, boat, and rocket ship (it might actually be a plane, but since it lacks wings I am describing it as a rocket ship).
- Caterpillar to climb or children can crawl through the log tunnel underneath it.
- Plastic play house with tiny slide and tunnel as well as clear windows.
- Large puzzles and mirror for infants or toddlers.
- Infant activity center.
- Changing table with garbage can.
- There is free Wi-Fi.
A Few Things To Know Beforehand
- This is an unsupervised area so parents or guardians are responsible for watching their children and ensuring they are following the rules.
- This area is for children 42” or shorter.
- The family bathrooms are located by Macy’s on the top floor (which is located on the other side of the mall). However, there is a changing table for those that still need diaper changes.
- The playground hours coincide with mall hours.
- Children must remove their shoes before playing!
Kidgits Indoor Playground is located in the Livingston Mall in Livingston which is Essex County.