By Rebekah Baier
Johnson’s Farm in Medford has been our go-to farm for years. Apples, pumpkins, peaches, sweet potatoes, strawberries, you name it, they grow it and you can pick it! The hayride out to the field is always as much fun as the picking of the produce. I have to say, nothing taste better than fresh Jersey produce, that you picked yourself! If picking isn’t your style, stop inside their farm market to buy produce and other assorted goodies (apple cider donuts yumm!).
- an Animal Farm
- 2 cows
- You can buy feed for (bring your quarters!).
- a simple rope maze
- a “wacky” bridge
- 2 tunnel slides
- child-height sinks with soap and paper towels for hand washing. My son seems to think they are more for playing than washing!
Also included in the admission price of the animal farm is the Discovery Barnyard.
- It has a splash pad. It is a nice addition and much-needed on a hot day. My son would stay in there for hours if I let him.
- It also has climbing equipment for different ages,
- pedal carts,
- and a pretend farm that includes a vets office, tool shed, farm market and sand pit.
- There is also ample seating and shade.
Tips to enjoying Johnson’s Farm
- Johnson’s Farm has a lot of different activities going on during the year in addition to their regular schedule of events. Sometimes free hayrides are included.
- Lunch items are available (as well as ice cream!) so plan on spending the day when you go.
- They are restrooms located by the splash pad, your kids will get soaked so make sure you have towels and a change of clothes.
- They have an outside seating area, that is shaded and they even have high chairs!
- Don’t forget your camera, throughout the farm they have a lot of stand up cut outs for photo opportunities.