This post was sponsored by Joe Holiday’s Magic & Mayhem show at the Comedy Stop at the Trop. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about things to do with families in Atlantic City & Atlantic City events we think your family may enjoy.
Update as of December 8, 2014, Joe Holiday’s Magic & Mayhem show will no longer be available at the Comedy Stop at the Trop. We think Joe Holiday is fabulous and as soon as we learn where his show is moving too, we’ll be sure to let you know.
Let’s start here
because my blond-haired, blue-eye cutie seems to be a hit in our videos and we want you to keep reading. ;-)
Joe Holiday’s Show was sooo awesome. If you have followed us for a while, you know how I am always trying to find family-friendly activities in Atlantic City. Call me crazy but I think Atlantic City has the potential to be a place where families can enjoy nongaming fun and where the locals want to take their children. So when we find out about something, we want to share it with you. Case in point, Joe Holiday’s Magic & Mayhem, part comedy part magic show at the Tropicana Casino.
I really had no idea this gem was right under my nose. But now that I do I am thrilled to tell you about it. Yes, the Tropicana has the indoor snow and Christmas laser show which is exciting, and we want you to take your kids to see it; but they are only offered for a few weeks. Joe Holiday’s show is something your family can enjoy in Atlantic City year-round. Not that you should wait to see it. Joe has so many tricks up his sleeve and he involves the audience in so many ways that no two shows are ever going to be the same. Even as a grown up and a mom, I sat in the Comedy Stop puzzled and amazed with his magic tricks. How he was able to get a $20 bill with a guest’s name on it from one side of the room to the other? How could he know before the show started what guests would be at the show?
I wasn’t the only one in awe. My oldest was called on the stage to play the role of Harry Potter. You know how as a mom you get those moments when you are beaming and a little teary-eyed over the experience your child is having, that was me. Watching my 9 year old helping Joe Holiday do magic tricks and dance with Joe’s hands was pretty fabulous and one of the highlights of the night for me. Here’s some others.
Highlights from Joe Holiday’s Magic & Mayhem Comedic Magic Show at the Comedy Stop
- Joe Holiday predicted the phone number a guest would pick from the phone book. Child volunteers helped reveal that number digit by digit.
- Joe changed a $20 bill into a $1 then a $10, then back to $20.
- Before the show Joe predicted who would be in the audience and what special occasions would be celebrated. At the end of the show he revealed his prediction.
- He used ‘Siri’ to teach the audience a trick.
- Children and guests were involved in almost every trick.
- We don’t know how but somehow Joe Holiday took that same $20 bill and sent it across the room getting it inside an orange, inside a paper bag.
- Joe infused humor into his show that made adults laugh without being inappropriate for the kids.
- Joe took us back to the early days of Atlantic City and some of what makes this area so great.
- We were introduced to Joe’s father and how Joe Holiday got his start in magic.
- And of course my son getting to play the role of Harry Potter and getting his own magic hat.
A little more from my Harry Potter about the show.
Are you ready to win tickets to Joe Holiday’s Magic & Mayhem show?
Before we start that there are a few things you need to know about the Comedy Stop’s magic show.
- Joe Holiday’s Magic & Mayhem Show is at the Comedy Stop in the Tropicana Casino Hotel in Atlantic City. You can get to the Comedy Stop with your children without ever entering the casino floor. The self-park garage provides access to the Quarter and the Comedy Stop is on the same level as that entrance. Self-parking is $10 on most days.
- The Magic & Mayhem show is offered Thursdays through Tuesdays. Most days the showtime is 6:30 pm. Always call to confirm.
- The show is an hour long with no intermission.
- Ticket prices are $20 per adult and $10 per child.
- There is a one drink minimum per person. Juice and other beverages area available beginning at $3.50 a person.
- You may order dinner as early as an hour before the show and throughout the show. Not only is there a nice selection of appetizers, but the Comedy Stop offers a kid’s menu. Most kid’s meals were prices between $5-$7 and provided a good value. The drink is not included in the meal.
- Photography and video is not allowed during the show. Photographers are available at the Comedy Stop. Single pictures with frames or keychains were available for $15 each or $20 for the set.
A quick update from Joe Holiday…
As of Dec 2nd my Magic and Mayhem show will be closing at the Comedy Stop for three weeks. I will be performing on select nights in Boston, NYC and Connecticut. One special appearance is the Broadway Comedy Club in New York City (formally the improv) on Dec 15. My show will resume in Atlantic City as of Dec 26th and run throughout 2014. Visit my calendar page on www.joeholiday.com for showtimes and ticket information. see you all back at the Comedy Stop soon!
We are giving away a Family 4 Pack of tickets to Joe Holiday’s Magic & Mayhem!
Jersey Family Fun Giveaways and Contests are subject to the following rules and conditions:
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants are always required to leave one comment on the Jersey Family Fun giveaway/contest blog post, that answers the question being asked during the timeframe of the contest. Comments that do not answer the question, while appreciated, will not be valid or count as meeting the requirement. Comments left after the giveaway/contest has closed will not be valid toward the contest.
- Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry. This information will not be shared with the giveaway sponsor unless it is stated in the contest/giveaway blog post itself.
- Our giveaways/contests are by no means sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or any other social media platform. You may use them to earn additional entries, but you are not required to use them to enter. None of these social media channels are responsible if you don’t win.
- No purchase is ever necessary to win a Jersey Family Fun prize in an online contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
- We will pick 1 winner. The winner will receive 4 tickets to attend Joe Holiday’s Magic & Mayhem. The winner must attend the show by May 1, 2014.
- Unless otherwise state, the winner is responsible for his/her own travel costs which can include parking and meals during an event.
- The contest will run from, Thursday, November 21, 2013 through December 5, 2013.
- The winner will be announced December 6, 2013. Make sure you have left us your email address. You will have until December 8, 2013 at 3 pm to claim your tickets by emailing us back your name and mailing address at Crystal AT jerseyfamilyfun DOT com.
- All prizes not claimed will either remain with the company sponsor or Jersey Family Fun to be used at a later date.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- Winners agree to provide contact and shipping information to Jersey Family Fun and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Most of the time and unless otherwise stated the prize is shipped directly from the giveaway sponsor and can take up to 4 weeks to arrive, depending on availability, location of winner, and other unforeseen issues. If you have not received the prize within 4 weeks, please contact Amy @ JerseyFamilyFun.com. While Jersey Family Fun does its best to ensure winners receive their prizes in a timely manner, we are not responsible for items lost in the mail or for any other reason delayed or not received.
- Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States. Unless stated otherwise ticket and gift card prizes are only valid in New Jersey and for specific dates/performances. Void where prohibited by law.
To enter our other Jersey Family Fun Giveaways, click here.
In full disclosure this giveaway is being sponsored by Joe Holiday, who provided Jersey Family Fun with the tickets for this giveaway.