This event is now cancelled.
Jersey Family Fun Day at the (ACUA) Atlantic County Utilities Authority
We love, love, love telling you about free field trips in New Jersey you can do with your family. Even better, is when we can arrange a free day of fun for our readers. We’ve done just that with our tours of the ACUA in Atlantic County, New Jersey. Our first Jersey Family Fun Day at the ACUA in 2013 was so much fun, we’ve been eager to plan another trip. Now we have!
Our next Jersey Family Fun Day at the ACUA will be Thursday, August 18 from 9:30 am to noon.
Read below for all the details and to get registered. Although the event is free, registration is only open until Tuesday, August 16 so that we and the ACUA can plan for our day and have enough tour guides available.
Our tentative schedule for Jersey Family Fun Day at the ACUA is
- 9:30 – 9:45 am ~ Check in at the ACUA Wastewater Treatment Plant, 1801 Absecon Blvd., Atlantic City
- 9:30 – 10:00 am ~ Opening activities for kids
- 10:00 – 11:00 am ~ Tour the ACUA Wastewater Treatment Plant wastewater facilities, windmill area and solar facilities
- 11:00 – 11:15 am ~ Everyone drives over in their cars to the ACUA Environmental Park, 6700 Delilah Road in Egg Harbor Township.
- 11:15 – 11:45 am ~ Tour the Recycling Center
- 11:45 am -1:00 pm – Lunch and playtime at the ACUA Environmental Park playground. Please bring your own lunch. Meet and greet with Supercan and optional tours around the park in the ACUA Van.
What You’ll See during the Jersey Family Fun Day at the ACUA
From the ACUA site
ACUA’s wastewater treatment facility has become world-renowned as the largest wind and solar-powered treatment facility. It is home to the Jersey-Atlantic Wind Farm — the nation’s first coastal and urban wind farm and New Jersey’s first commercial wind farm. Also located on site is a 500-kilowatt solar generation facility.
You’ll see the wind farm up close and learn how this, along with solar power, helps us clean water from thousands of Atlantic County homes and businesses.
Full Disclosure: We are not being paid to write this post or hold this event. The ACUA has tours open to the public for free throughout the year and groups are welcome to schedule their own tours too.
Please click this link for more details and to register or keep scrolling to below. Remember while the event is free; registration is required.