This is not a sponsored post.
Jenkinson’s Beach and Pavillion is one of the most visited spots in all of the Jersey shore. However, when the weather turns cold or rainy there is no need to leave the boardwalk! Instead take a visit to the Aquarium that is located directly on the boardwalk. It is the perfect way to bring the sea and all of its creatures inside!
What I love about Jenkinson’s Aquarium
- Feeding Schedules: This aquarium allows visitors to watch the handlers feed the marine life. Penguins, seals and sharks are the variety of animals that visitors are allowed watch during feeding times.
- Return visits are free: Once you enter the aquarium, they will stamp your hand which allows you to come back all throughout the remainder of the day. This is especially helpful if you are trying to make it to a feeding.
- The size: This aquarium is small. You are able to see all of the aquarium in about an hour. This is particularly nice since I have a young child who has little legs that tire easily!
- Diversity: Although classified as a smaller aquarium, Jenkinson’s has a vast selections of fish and sea creatures from all parts of the world.
What does Jenkinson’s Aquarium have to offer?
- Touch tank: The touch tank is one of the most popular exhibits at the aquarium. Our favorite inhabitants of this touch are the starfish.
- Well trained staff: All of the staff are knowledgeable and seem passionate about educating visitors about the marine life at the aquarium.
- Penguins: What a nice treat it is to see these artic animals enjoying their day at the aquarium.
- Seals: These animals are so much fun to watch as they slip and slide around and put on a show for visitors. Expect them to be a bit sluggish right after feeding time.
- Window space: All of the panes are fairly large so it is no trouble for little ones to get a good spot close in to catch a glimpse of a shark or stingray!
- Art Room: Upstairs in the aquarium is a room where little ones can color pictures and watch videos of sea animals.
- Monkeys: Yup an aquarium that even has monkeys! These are delightful animals and they are sure to bring a smile to the face of anyone who visits them.
- Turtles: Watch turtles swim and crawl in their own tank.
- Seals, Sharks and Penguins have various feeding schedules. They vary based upon the season and day, so it is best to refer to the website.
- Family Fun workshops are offered all throughout the year. Past workshops include: Pirate plunder, Tea with Turtles and South African Penguin Party.
Jenkinson’s Aquarium Hours & Admission
- The aquarium is open year round. It is best to check the website to see what the operating hours are. They can range from 10 am-10pm depending the day and time of year.
- Admission is $11 for adults, $6.50 for children 3-12 and $6.50 for seniors
Jenkinson’s Aquarium is located at 300 Ocean Avenue, Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey. There is a parking lot at the aquarium directly across the street from Perk’s Cafe.
For more information go to : http://jenkinsons.com/aquarium/