Imagination Station Playground – Atlantic County Parks & Playgrounds
Imagination Station Playground is one of my local playgrounds and popular among many of my friends. A special thanks to Tari, Janet, Michelle, Jennifer, and Katie for sharing their thoughts about and pictures of Imagination Station Playground in Galloway, New Jersey.
4 Reasons to Love Imagination Station Playground
- The playground offers multi-age playground equipment; there is something for everyone.
- Imagination Station is 100% handicap accessible.
- Imagination Station has a soft, cushiony, play surface and not the traditional mulch or sand you find at most playgrounds. It is easy to walk on.
Imagination Station has recently added 2 new sets of “expression swings”. These swings allow baby/toddler to face mom or dad while they swing together. This unique swing style allows for a whole new swinging experience for both the child and the caregiver!
What Imagination Station Playground offers
- 100 percent handicap-accessible park in Atlantic County
- Features a nearby skate park
- Patriot lake with a walking path
- Volleyball courts
- Expression swings – They are swings specially-designed to promote intergenerational play because an adult can swing with a child while being face to face with that child.
- Multi-age playground equipment
- Swings for all ages and abilities (big kids, toddlers, special needs, regular swings, tire swings, expression swings)
- Monkey bars
- Multiple climbing structures for various ages/abilities
- Climbing walls
- Separate toddler sized play items at the pavilion end (it isn’t gated off from main area)
- Train play structure
- Fire Truck play structure
- Soft foam-type material under and around play area
- Picnic tables under a covered pavillion. The tables can be reserved for parties or special events.
- Memorial to fallen K-9 ‘officers’
What you also should know about Imagination Station Playground
- If you have more than one child, it can be hard to keep track of them. The size and structure of the playground equipment limit visibility of all areas. Many of my friends feel this is a park where if you are bringing more than 1 child, you need more that one parent there. I do agree with their assessment.
- The toddler section is not separate from the older kids area; it is steps away from it so younger children maybe tempted to run off to those areas.
- In the big kids section of Imagination Station Playground, there are higher areas that are open (sudden drop off points) and a child could potentially fall off of.
- Imagination Station is next to the Galloway Library, making it a great way to end or begin any visit to the library.
Imagination Station Playground is located at 300 Jimmie Leeds Road in Galloway in Atlantic County. It is open daily from 9 am to dusk. There is no fee to enjoy the parks or playgrounds.
View more Imagination Station Playground Pictures in our Facebook Gallery.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.