Our latest Weekends in New Jersey had us busy with a visit to the Field Station Dinosaurs, the Hoboken Fire Department Museum, the New Jersey Festival of Ballooning, an overnight visit to the Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands, and meals at Under the Moon Cafe, Cheeseburgers in Paradise, Houlihan’s in Bridgewater, and Goodfella’s of Bayonne. To read more about these business, click on their names and you will be taken to our reviews.
So after a busy day hunting for dinosaurs we headed over to the Hyatt Place in Secaucus to check out our room. It’s a bit of a walk from the parking lot to the front desk, but I appreciate that parking is free for all guests.
Check in went smoothly. The front desk person even gave us a map of the area and made suggestions for how to spend our evening. I love when hotel staff not only know their hotel well but know the area just as well. With the keys to our room we were off to find it. It was beautiful and spacious. It wasn’t long before my boys were hopping on the plush beds. The nice, air-conditioned room must have given them their second wind after being out in the hot sun all day.
I am thankful the Hyatt Place is located in the Plaza at the Meadows. It offers some great shopping options as well as restaurants. When hunger set in we left the car in the lot and took a leisurely walk to Cheeseburgers in Paradise. The food and service there was delicious. We walked off dessert on our return trip to the hotel.
Onto the room description… the Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands room we stayed in has a large living space that is next to the main sleeping area. The areas are separated by a room divider. (It doesn’t completely separate the two rooms, but it is enough to create some privacy if you want to stay up late in the living space.) The larger corner space couch also opens to a sofa bed for additional sleeping space. Depending on how many kids you put in a bed you could sleep 6 or a few more in the room.
Hyatt Place Guest Rooms features
- Divided living and sleeping areas
- 2 double plush Hyatt Grand Beds™
- 42″ flat-panel high-definition television that easily integrates with laptops and other electronic devices
- Oversized Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Wet/dry bar
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and high-speed DSL Internet access
- Coffee maker/tea maker
- AM/FM alarm clock radio with MP3 connectivity
- Hyatt Plug Panel™
- Large desk area
- Two telephones (one cordless) with voicemail
- Mini-refrigerator (kept empty)
- In-room air condition/heater unit
Click here for a virtual tour of our room on YouTube.
Sleeping in the plush beds was great. Everyone slept fantastic. In the morning, we headed downstairs to enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast. There were so many options from fruit, to cereals, to pancakes and such. We’ll tell you more later. But as a mom I appreciated having so many options to give my kids for breakfast. Between breakfast and the spacious room, the Hyatt Place was a great family hotel to stay while we explored the northern half of New Jersey.
What you should know if you stay at the Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands
- Plan ahead for your meals.
- A complimentary HOT breakfast is available every morning. It get very busy so arrive early for the best selection of seating. (There are several dining areas open for guests to enjoy breakfast.)
- Visit the Plaza at the Meadows for a list of restaurants within walking or driving distance. There were several including our favorite Cheeseburgers in Paradise
- If you plan to watch the television in your room
- There were limited channels available with family programming. Bring your laptop or portable DVD player with movies for more options.
- There is no pool.
- If you are traveling with babies or toddlers, guests can conveniently request baby essentials for their room including a Pack n’ Play, baby crib, diaper genie, bottle warmer, baby blankets and baby bath amenities.
- Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands does have their own parking garage. There is no additional fee to park.
- Room Rates may vary so it’s best to check the Hyatt Place site for rates and availability.
To view our pictures from the Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands visit our Facebook Gallery.
To watch our video from the Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands visit our YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/jerseyfamilyfun.
In full disclosure, this is a sponsored post from the Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands. We were provided with a room for 2 nights at no charge. This was arranged so that we could review the Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands as a family hotel in Secaucus. However, our opinions are honest and based on our experiences at the Hyatt Place.