This post was sponsored by the Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands who provided me
with accommodations during my coverage of the Gluten & Allergen Free Expo. We
appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information
about hotels & destinations we think their family may enjoy for family trips or business travel.
I had such an amazing visit with the Hyatt Place Secaucus when I visited them for our Weekends in New Jersey series and we were exploring that area of Jersey. The customer service was top notch. So when I knew I would be back in town, traveling for business, to the Meadowlands Exposition Center, I just had to request a room.
The Hyatt Place Secaucus is as welcoming to business travelers as it is for families. Let me share with you why the Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowland is a great hotel for business travelers.
16 Reasons why the Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands is perfect for Business Travel
Check in is easy & quick. After a long day of business, you don’t want to fill out extensive forms or have a wait to check into your room.
Convenience ~ Can a hotel be anymore convenient?
- The Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands is conveniently located next door to the Meadowlands Exposition Center and also not far from New York.
- In addition, the parking garage is attached by a covered walkway to the hotel. No traveling up and down stairs in a parking garage with luggage.
- And in the event you forgot something, the Hyatt Place has several items you can borrow and some you can just keep in case you forgot them at home.
- There is a fitness center, should you feel a need to get a workout in when you are away for travel.
Affordability ~A Hyatt Place stay is reasonable and doable for your business traveling budget.
- Not only does the Hyatt Place have a range of room rates, but there is no fee for parking. I have been to some hotels that can charge nearly $30 a day for parking fees. Not at this Hyatt Place though.
- The room service prices are also affordable.
Eating~ You certainly have no excuses for working through breakfast, lunch, or dinner while a guest at the Hyatt Place.
- The Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands has affordable room service and a cafe in the lobby.
- A complimentary hot and cold breakfast is available every morning.
- The Hyatt is also situated in a great shopping district with several restaurants to chose from.
Working after work ~ If you must work after the traditional work day has ended the Hyatt Place makes it easy.
- The Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands offers an e-room with desktop computers and printers for guest use on the main floor.
- If you would rather work in your pjs, all rooms have free wi-fi. You can work from the inroom desk and even connect your laptop to the television to see that big presentation you are working on. The wi-fi also meant I could use my iPhone’s Facetime feature to sing my kids their bedtime lullabies even if I wasn’t home to tuck them in.
Need to share your room with roommates? ~ I have found the Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands rooms can sleep 3 people comfortably possibly more if you double up. Just confirm that when you make your reservation. The rooms are also spacious enough you will not feel like you are tripping over your roommate.
Entertaining? Need to meet with new aquaintances or catch up with colleagues? ~ The Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands offers several large seating areas in the lobby and main floor for doing just that. It’s also convenient to the snack bar so you can have a drink, coffee, or snack as you meet.
Safety ~ The Hyatt Place rooms have flip-over style bolt locks and the area around the hotel is very well-lit. I had no safety concerns while staying here.
Checking out is just as easy. The Hyatt Place gives you the option of checking out at the front desk or on a self-service terminal.
Hyatt Place Guest Rooms features
- Divided living and sleeping areas
- 2 double plush Hyatt Grand Beds™
- 42″ flat-panel high-definition television that easily integrates with laptops and other electronic devices
- Oversized Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Wet/dry bar
- Table with seating for 2
- Huge open area
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and high-speed DSL Internet access
- Coffee maker/tea maker
- AM/FM alarm clock radio with MP3 connectivity
- Hyatt Plug Panel™
- Large desk area
- Two telephones (one cordless) with voicemail
- Mini-refrigerator (kept empty)
- In-room air condition/heater unit
See below for a virtual tour of our Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands hotel room.
Read our previous review of the Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands from our stay there as a family.
What you should know if you stay at the Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands
- Plan ahead for your meals.
- A complimentary HOT breakfast is available every morning. It get very busy so arrive early for the best selection of seating. (There are several dining areas open for guests to enjoy breakfast.)
- The Hyatt offers reasonably-priced room service as well as having a cafe downstairs in the lobby that can make hot or cold foods.
- Visit the Plaza at the Meadows for a list of restaurants within walking or driving distance. When I was here with my children on a previous visit we went to Cheeseburgers in Paradise.
- If you plan to watch the television in your room
- You can watch several channels or bring your laptop or portable DVD player with movies for more options.
- There is no pool.
- If you are traveling with babies or toddlers, guests can conveniently request baby essentials for their room including a Pack n’ Play, baby crib, diaper genie, bottle warmer, baby blankets and baby bath amenities.
- Hyatt Place’s borrowing program lets you check out everything from chargers to exercise weights.
- Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands does have their own parking garage. There is no additional fee to park.
- Room Rates may vary so it’s best to check the Hyatt Place site for rates and availability.
To view our pictures from the Hyatt Place Secaucus Meadowlands visit our Facebook Gallery.