This post was sponsored by Hurricane Harbor who provided us with complimentary passes and meals. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about New Jersey Attractions we think your family may enjoy.
Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags may not be a place you think of when you imagine water parks that would appeal to families with all ages. You’d be wrong! Hurricane Harbor offers water fun for the smallest baby as well as the most thrill seeking teenager or adult, all in a heavily protected (by lifeguards) and clean environment, where a summer day goes by so fast and so filled with fun, that you’ll be planning your next trip before you even leave.
This is where we kicked off our summer fun this year. Just days after school let out we were invited for a Blog B-Que, complete with our own cabana.
What a heavenly way to experience a water park. All though the sun was in and out during our visit, the cabana provided us with a great spot in the shade during the more sunny moments. When we took a break from Hurricane Harbor’s ride we would retreat to the cabana to stretch out on the lounge chairs, play in the sand, or munch on some food we had in the minifridge. With wait staff circling ready to provide us with smoothies or snacks, I would have been content hanging out in the cabana all day.
But the sun came out and the kids wanted to play. How could I say no to all Hurricane Harbor had to offer?
Crazy for water slides? Hurricane Harbor offers 9 slides with a minimum height starting at 42″. Have your choice of high thrill with the Tornado as you slide down into a tunnel and your screams and laughter echo throughout the ride; or if you love (or hate) snakes, try the red black and white Cobra, where you’ll ride through the body of a snake, to be shot out near its head. Have a family race on Big Wave Racer, where four riders can shoot down the tubes at once! We checked out the Tornado as a family from two rafts (each raft can handle 4 people). It was scary and thrilling. My 10 year old loved the Cobra and went back for a second trip down this tube ride that puts you right under the fangs of a cobra.
For my younger guys and when we just wanted to splash around we headed to Discovery Bay, the ultimate water playground. Kids big and little will take endless turns on the pirate ship playarea with slides, or if yours are a little taller, there are some introductory type slides (open and tunnel like) for them to try out. Huge buckets routinely dump water on playing children, sprinklers and other water features are there to cool you down. Surrounding it all is a shallow wading pool perfect for infants. It’s a large water playground, so I was thankful for the multiple lifeguards you’ll find throughout Discovery Bay.
The most exciting sound at Hurricane Harbor and my boys’ favorite area? Listening to the horn that sounds the start of the waves at Blue Lagoon! The wave pool is big enough for everyone, and offers depths up to six feet; but little ones can splash in the shallow spots and still have fun.
When everyone’s ready to relax, grab a tube at the Taak It Eez Ee Creek and float down the over 2000 foot long lazy river – for as long as you want! Tubes are available for rental or you can grab one floating down the lazy river.
No need to bring the swimmies or puddle jumper; Hurricane Harbor offers Coast Guard approved vests for your little ones and weaker swimmers to enjoy their day safely. I appreciate not having one more thing to bring from home.
You’re not likely to be sitting much while at Hurricane Harbor because there’s so much to enjoy! However, you’ll find plenty of lounge chairs by the Blue Lagoon wave pool and Discovery Bay children’s area, and on the beach near the Big Wave Racer. Or treat yourself and your family to a cabana! Cabanas at Hurricane Harbor offer shade, some privacy, your own chairs, food, tube rentals and complimentary water.
Hurricane Harbor Cabana Options
- Gold Package ~ For up to 4 Guests, additional guests are $15 with a maximum of 6 Guests per Cabana
- Cabana, table, chairs and 2 lounge chairs
- Four (4) bottles of water
- Four (4) single or Two (2) double rental tubes
- 1 Discover Family Meal Deal Voucher for food for up to 4 people
- Can be reserved online
- Platinum Package ~ For up to 4 Guests, additional guests are $20 with a maximum of 6 Guests per Cabana
- Cabana, table, chairs, and 2 lounge chairs
- Refrigerator and Fan
- Four (4) Single or Two (2) Double Rental Tubes
- Four (4) Red Souvenir Sports Bottles – With free refills for the day and .99 refills for the 2015 season
- 1 Discover Family Meal Deal – Food for up to 4 people, delivered to your cabana*
- Can be reserved online
- Party Cabana ~ For up to 8 Guests, no additional guests
- Available in park only, no online sales
- Oversized Cabana, 2 tables, chairs, and 4 lounge chairs
- Refrigerator and 2 Fans
- Eight (8) Single or four (4) Double Rental Tubes
- Eight (8) Red Souvenir Sports Bottles – With free refills for the day and .99 refills for the 2015 season
- 2 Discover Family Meal Deals – Food for up to 8 people, delivered to your cabana*
*Food delivery time must be scheduled at Cabana Check-in. Food will be delivered within 15 minutes of scheduled time.
Want to Visit Hurricane Harbor?
- Six Flags offers water park only admissions, or combination tickets with Great Adventure. Check their website for ticketing options.
- Due to limited availability, it is suggested reserving your cabana early in the day. Cabanas are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- No cabana? No problem – lockers are available to rent in the center of the park.
- Restrooms are also available in the center of the park, next to changing rooms.
- All this activity is going to get you and your family hungry! Hurricane Harbor does not allow food to be brought in to the park, but with so many dining options you won’t be hungry. Along with the traditional fare of pizza, chicken tenders and burgers, the kiosks and restaurants offer salads, turkey legs, wraps and cheesesteaks. Food is available throughout the park, so you’re never far from filling up.
- There is a fee for parking.
- Hurricane Harbor is open until Monday, September 7, 2015.
- Hurricane Harbor is located at 599 Monmouth Road in Jackson, New Jersey.
View more of our Hurricane Harbor photos in our Facebook Gallery. Here’s a little preview.
Jersey Family Fun was invited to participate in Hurricane Harbor's Blog BQUE. Here's our pictures from inside the water park and cabanas. #HurricaneHarborNJ
Learn about the new Six Flags Hurricane Harbor pool in this article, Six Flags Great Adventure Gets a New Pool at Hurricane Harbor.
What better way to cool down and have one of your best summer days than with a visit to Hurricane Harbor?!
In full disclosure, we were provided with water park passes, a cabana rental and meals to Hurricane Harbor to make this post possible. All opinions are our own and honest based on our experience.