Whenever there is a holiday coming up, I try to make the kids a fun breakfast or snack to go with it. Groundhog day is coming up on Sunday and I just had to create something fun.
The best part is I was able to make these Groundhog’s Day pancakes with stuff I already had in my kitchen.
How to Make Groundhog’s Day Pancakes
Ingredients to make Groundhog’s Day Pancakes
- Doughnut Holes
- Milk Chocolate
How to make Groundhog’s Day Pancakes
- Make pancakes and stack three to five high on a plate.
- Pour syrup over pancakes.
- Melt a small amount of chocolate in the microwave or double boiler.
- Cut Cheerios in half to form ears and put chocolate on each half then attach to doughnut hole.
- Place a dollop of chocolate on the doughnut hole where you want the nose to be and place an M&M candy on the chocolate.
- Draw eyes on the groundhog and place on top of pancake. (you could also use a mini chocolate chip for the eyes)
The kids had such a great time making these Groundhog’s Day pancakes. While I cooked the pancakes they decorated their groundhogs. I don’t know if those little guys saw their shadows though, they disappeared from the plate very quickly.