This post was made possible by Visit Pittsburgh and Homewood Suites Pittsburgh by Hilton who provided us with accommodations during my family’s recent visit. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about family friendly Pittsburgh hotels we think your family may enjoy for family vacations.
A welcome retreat after busy days
As part of a family media trip to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania my youngest and I had the opportunity to spend 2 nights and 3 very packed days in Pittsburgh. Our home away from home was provided by Homewood Suites Pittsburgh by Hilton. Although it was a bit of a drive from South Jersey, I could not have asked for a more welcoming Pittsburgh hotel. From the valet’s greeting, to the speedy and early check in, to a creative gift basket in our room, my youngest and I knew that the Homewood Suites Pittsburgh was definitely a special place to stay.
Our room at the Homewood Suites Pittsburgh by Hilton was a great option for small families. With a king size bed on one side of the room and this sofa sleeper on the other, there was plenty of room for my 8 year old to stretch out and play. There are larger rooms available for families with more children. The Homewood Suites suites also have a kitchenette in the room. It’s a great option to have when you want to keep food costs down or just don’t want to leave your room to eat.
Which reminds me, of another way the Homewood Suites Pittsburgh by Hilton stands out from other hotels. Each morning, Homewood Suites offers a small hot breakfast buffet near the hotel lobby. It’s the perfect way to fill up your bellies before starting a day exploring Pittsburgh. In the early evening hours, Homewood Suites Pittsburgh offers a happy hour with different snacks or appetizers based on the theme of the day.
In the same hotel lobby, the Homewood Suites has a full restaurant with bar, a large seating area, and a billiards table. My son enjoyed spending free time getting to know the other blogger kids over a game of pool in the lobby and the swimming pool not far from there.
If all that wasn’t enough, Homewood Suites has their own mascot, Lewis the Duck. Lewis has a collection of hard back books and a coloring book. They are available in the gift shop. Pick up one for bedtime stories or to keep kids busy during any downtime you may have.
Our trip to Pittsburgh was packed with fun. In 48 hours, we experienced Pittsburgh’s family attractions: Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, a Pittsburgh Pirates game, a Just Ducky Tour, Kennywood, and the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium along with a few restaurants. It was intense and fun! Coming back to the Homewood Suites Pittsburgh by Hilton each night was just what we needed to unwind and relax. The comfortable beds, the courteous staff, the conveniences of home both in our room and nearby, were everything we needed to make our visit to Pittsburgh incredible.
Our video tour of our room at Homewood Suites Pittsburgh by Hilton
The Homewood Suites Pittsburgh by Hilton Room included:
- 1 King bed
- 1 Sofa sleeper
- Flat-screen TVs with several kid-friendly channels
- Fully equipped kitchen: Pantry area, full-size refrigerator, 2 range stovetop, microwave, dishwasher with cleaning supplies, silverware, pots, pans, and serving dishes, dishes and glasses
- Ottoman with coffee table
- Dresser and 2 night stands
- Large shower Special Note: There is a glass panel for a portion of the shower. It does not go the full width of the shower.
- A desk with chair
- Bathroom sink area is separate from the toilet/shower area
What you should know if you stay at Homewood Suites Pittsburgh by Hilton
- The Homewood Suites Pittsburgh by Hilton is located at 1410 Smallman Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15222.
- Plan ahead for your meals. Here are some options you can consider.
- Take advantage of the Homewood Suites Pittsburgh by Hilton complimentary breakfast buffet, you can see some of the breakfast options in our Facebook album of photos.
- Visit Kelly O’s or Hofbrauhaus. We had great experiences at both Pittsburgh restaurants.
- Visit the Visit Pittsburgh site for a list of restaurants within driving or walking distance.
- Bring food with you and take advantage of the full-size refrigerator, microwave, and stovetop in your room.
- If you plan to swim, the Homewood Suites Pittsburgh by Hilton indoor pool is only accessible with a hotel key.
- The pool goes from 3 feet to 4 feet and does have steps in the shallow end.
- Showers are available.
- There is no lifeguard on duty.
- Towels are available at the pool area.
- If you are traveling with babies or toddlers, ask about cribs.
- The Homewood Suites Pittsburgh by Hilton does not offer self-parking. Valet service is available and there is a self-parking lot across from the hotel entrance.
- Wireless high-speed Internet access is available throughout the facility at no additional charge.
- Room Rates may vary so it’s best to check the Homewood Suites Pittsburgh by Hilton site for rates and availability.
To view more Homewood Suites Pittsburgh by Hilton photos visit our Facebook Gallery. Here’s a short preview.
As part of a press trip for travel bloggers planned by Visit Pittsburgh we were hosted for two nights at the Homewood…
Check it out, and when you do please tell them Jersey Family Fun sent you.
Click over to see the rest of our Family Travel to Pittsburgh series for help in planning your family vacation to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
To arrange a feature on your location contact Jennifer Auer, Jersey Family Fun publisher.