Historic Longstreet Farm at Holmdel Park – Monmouth County, NJ – Parks & Playgrounds
While walking by a barn at the farm, we saw a peacock showing off his beautiful feathers.
3 Reasons My Family Loves Historic Longstreet Farm
- It really is a working historic farm. The kids were so excited to catch a glimpse of a horse pulling a cart full of hay and the cows being put out to pasture, and they love to see the workers dressed up in 1890’s garb.
- They have lots of free activities that allow you to see what life was like in the 1890’s. Recent events at the farm included blacksmith and woodworking demonstrations using only hand tools.
- The farm is located inside of Holmdel Park, which has fishing and picnic areas, two playgrounds, and ten miles of trails. You can visit the farm and then enjoy the rest of Holmdel Park. We love to spend the entire day there.
What Longstreet Farm Offers:
- Historical buildings and farm equipment on display
- Longstreet Farmhouse, open to the public on weekends and holidays
- Animals and livestock including cows, horses, donkeys, sheep, pigs, and chickens
- Free demonstrations of activities from the 1890s (call ahead or check the website for schedules)
- Indoor restrooms (in the adjacent Holmdel Park building)
- Free admission and parking for all visitors
The kids love watching the chickens and roosters at the chicken coop.
The Historic Longstreet Farm is a 9-acre working farm located inside of Holmdel Park with a mission of promoting an appreciation for Monmouth County farm life at the end of the 19th century. Workers in period dress show both daily and seasonal agriculture and domestic activities. Entrance is free, no pets allowed. Holmdel Park contains a host of activities in addition to Longstreet Farm including ponds for fishing, almost 10 miles of trails, multiple picnic areas, playgrounds, tennis courts, and a sledding hill. Visitors can enjoy these activities free year-round.
Longstreet Farm is located at 44 Longstreet Road, Holmdel, NJ 07733 in Monmouth County. While Holmdel Park is open from 7am to dusk, Longstreet Farm is open from 10am – 4pm daily.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.