Hillside Park- Sussex County Parks and Playgrounds
3 Reasons Why My Family Loves Hillside Park
- The row of see saws! See saws are not a common playground apparatus like they used to be. I remember loving to play on the see saw as a kid. My brother and I were pretty evenly matched so we were perfect see saw partners. When I saw the row of see saws at Hillside Park I was immediately brought back to my childhood. The colorful see saws were all lined up next to each other and exactly as I remembered them. My kids are 6 and 3 so they are not evenly matched, but they still had a blast. They had to try out every color.
- The free standing slides. This park was full of things to bring out nostalgia. One of those things were the free standing slides. There were 3 free standing slides of various heights along the back of the playground. There were the traditional metal slides that I remember from when I was younger. My kids loved trying out each one (even if they were getting a little hot.)
- The gigantic sandbox! We have been to playgrounds with sand boxes before, but none of them compare to this one. This playground had the biggest sandbox I have ever seen. It was at least 20 feet long. There were also sand toys already in the sand box. This meant my kids were able to play in there.
What Hillside Park Offers
- Playground structure for older children which includes rock walls, climbing opportunities, twisty slides, zip lines.
- Playground structure for younger children which includes climbing opportunities, slides, tic tac, toe
- Ride on toys
- Large sandbox
- 3 free standing slides
- 5 see saws
- Infant/toddler swings
- Covered picnic area
Hillside Park is located on Lake Illif Rd in Andover in Sussex County.
See more Hillside Park photos in our Facebook gallery.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.