This post was sponsored by Hershey Entertainment Resorts who provided me with accommodations at the Hershey Lodge during my family’s recent visit. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about Hershey Parks hotels & destinations we think your family may enjoy for family vacations.
We visited Hershey, Pennsylvania, the Sweetest Place on Earth, to check out Hershey Park’s Christmas Candylane with our two boys. We began our visit with check-in at The Hershey Lodge. The Hershey Lodge is one of the three Official Hersheypark Resorts (the others are The Hotel Hershey and Hersheypark Camping Resort). Guests at the Hershey Official Resorts receive special discounts on tickets to Hershey Park and Hershey Sweet Lights, as well as free admission to The Hershey Story: The Museum on Chocolate Avenue and Hershey Gardens, among other benefits that vary seasonally. There’s a concierge desk in the lobby to help you make any necessary arrangements and reservations and the entire staff is friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic. Plus, there’s a lot of fun activities for kids, including a chance to meet the characters. We had a fabulous stay. Every detail of the Hershey Lodge is signature Hershey.
In addition to Chocolate World, which has free and paid activities, we also visited Hershey Park’s Christmas Candylane and Hershey Sweet Lights during our trip. We ate snacks at Hershey Park, dinner at Hershey Grill, and a fantastic breakfast buffet at Lebbie Lebkicher’s.
Stay tuned throughout the week to hear all of the details about our trip. Christmas is a great, affordable time to visit and experience a taste of what Hershey has to offer year round. Plus, with all of the special chocolate treatment and candy everywhere you’ll feel like a kid again. A great way to kick off the holiday season and get your family in the holiday spirit.
What the Hershey Lodge has to Offer Families:
- Activities! Make sure to check the schedule upon check-in so you can plan accordingly.
- Family Bingo
- Seasonal Crafts
- Indoor Pool Games
- S’mores Making (Kits available at the Cocoa Beanery)
- Indoor and Outdoor Pools (outdoor pools open seasonally)
- Game Room with Legos, Ping Pong, Air Hockey and other Arcade games
- Kid’s Check-in (Kids receive a coloring book, crayons, Hershey Lodge lanyard, and candy)
- Character appearances
- Shuttle to Hershey Park
- 5 Restaurants, Gift shop, and room service
- Overnight packages that include Breakfast with Santa
- PNC ATM machines in the lobby
Our Hershey Lodge Hotel Room Included:
- 2 Queen Beds
- 37″ Flat Screen Television
- Coffee station with coffee and tea
- Complimentary Cocoa Infusion bath amenities
- Hershey Kiss themed wallpaper and linens.
- Complimentary Wireless Internet
- Hair dryer
- Alarm clock FM radio with iPod docking station
- Pack & Plays available upon request
- Irons and ironing boards in-room
Check out our virtual tour of our Hershey Lodge room below.
What we love about the Hershey Lodge:
- Number one, the incredibly friendly, helpful, enthusiastic staff!
- The attention to detail in carrying out the Hershey Chocolate theme. We were in the Hershey Kiss tower and the wallpaper, sheets and pillowcases all had Hershey Kisses on them.
- On top of that, Hershey Chocolate was infused into everything from shampoo in the rooms to butter at the restaurants.
- Hershey Bars at check-in, Hershey miniatures at Kids check-in, Hershey Kisses on our bedside table! My kids were on Cloud 9 with all of the chocolate and the fact that Mommy and Daddy were breaking the “one piece of candy a day” rule.
- Coloring pages and souvenir cups for the kids at each restaurant.
- The lobby was beautifully decorated for the holidays and many guests gathered around the inviting fireplace in the center or took holiday photos in front of the Christmas tree.
- My husband is a history buff and loved that the A&E Biography Special “Milton Hershey: The Chocolate King” was available and playing on the in-room movie system when you turned on the tv.
- Huge Concierge Desk to help you plan a massage or purchase tickets to Hershey Park and other attractions.
- Complimentary tickets to The Hershey Story: The Museum on Chocolate Avenue and Hershey Gardens for guests of the Hershey Lodge.
- We also appreciated the little things, like outlet plugs on every lamp.
- A chance to meet the characters. We missed the character appearances because we didn’t plan our timing right, but I know my kids would have loved to meet a giant Hershey Bar.
- The pool opens at 6am and Lebbie Lebkicher’s opens at 7am for breakfast so you can occupy the kids who are early risers.
To view our pictures from the Hershey Lodge visit our Facebook Gallery.
Click over to learn more about our Family Attractions in Pennsylvania and our visit to Hershey Park.
Click over to see the rest of our Family Travel to Hersheypark series.
To arrange a feature on your location contact Jennifer Auer, Jersey Family Fun publisher.
In full disclosure, this is a sponsored post from Hershey Entertainment Resorts. We were provided with a room for one night at the Hershey Lodge, as well as Chocolate dollars to spend on food at Hershey Entertainment Resorts properties and admission to Hershey Christmas Candylane and Hershey Sweet Lights. These things were arranged so that we could review Hershey Entertainment Resorts and the Hershey Lodge for its family friendliness. However, our opinions are honest and based on our experiences at the Hershey Lodge and Hershey Entertainment Resorts.
Sunday 23rd of July 2017
Hi do you think there is room for a queen air mattress or should I just bring a twin. This is in the 2 queen bed room?
Monday 24th of July 2017
You might be able to do a twin, just expect it to be a tight fit. - Jenn