This post was sponsored by Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn who provided us with accommodations during my family’s recent visit. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about family friendly Lancaster hotels we think your family may enjoy for family vacations.
When we first started planning our return trip to Lancaster there were so many Lancaster attractions recommended to us, and I admit Lancaster does have so many ways for families to have fun. BUT I wanted us to slow down a bit. I knew we were going to be spending a night at the Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn and with all the property has to offer I wanted to make sure we had a chance to really explore it.
Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn is centrally located in Lancaster as we would travel here and there we kept passing it. Yet, when you check into your room and begin to really explore the property, it’s quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. And what I loved most is that the Hershey Farms Inn had room for my kids to run, climb, play and just be kids.
On the Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn property:
You can see pictures of all of this in our Facebook album of Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn photos.
- Walking trails
- 2 playgrounds
- 1 large pond
- Barn with chickens and roosters
- Petting farm with goats and a turkey (you can buy a big bag of feed for a $1 in the hotel lobby)
- Picturesque waterfall
- Carriages and statues for great photos
- Hershey Farms Inn restaurant and gift shops
- A lobby with computer, wii, seating, complimentary beverages and continental breakfast
- The lobby also had family board games available to borrow
Our video tour of our room at the Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn
This was such a relaxing stay for us. The room was incredibly spacious, to the point where my kids stretched out and wrote in their journals. Later, they nicely played together. At times, I even let them play in the room, while I sat outside in an Adirondack chair watching the cars and carriages go by.
After having lunch at the Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn we walked the trails, played on the playground, smelled the flowers and posed for pictures on the property. We went off property for dinner and then came back to swim. The pool was open late and with the heated water it was just the way to cap off a great night in Lancaster.
Our Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn suite 630 at the Farmhouse included:
- 2 double beds with 1 sofa sleeper
- Flat-screen TV with several family friendly channels
- A long spacious closet
- A large dresser
- Telephone with nightstand
- Additional seating with 1 chair and sofa sleeper with coffee table
- Bathrooms with bath amenities and a standard size tub
- Large MiniFridge (Pick up some cereal, milk, and lunch items for your visit and you’ll cut down on some of your meal expenses.)
What you should know if you stay at the Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn hotel
- The Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn is located at 240 Hartman Bridge Road in Ronks, PA. It’s minutes from everything in Lancaster and Strasburg.
- Plan ahead for your meals. Here are some options you can consider.
- Eat in the Hershey Farms Inn Restaurant. Menu or buffet options are available. We’ll be sharing more details about that.
- Visit any of the other restaurants we’ve reviewed in our Family Travel to Lancaster series.
- Visit DiscoverLancaster.com for a list of restaurants within driving distance.
- Bring food with you and take advantage of the refrigerator and microwave and create your own meal. (A minifridge and microwave are available in some rooms. If this is important to you make sure you request that when you make your reservation.)
- If you plan to swim at the pool.
- There is a toddler/baby wading pool.
- The regular pool is rectangular and has steps into it. It runs from 3 feet to 5 ½ feet.
- There is no lifeguard on duty and children under 14 are not permitted to swim alone.
- There are towels available at the pool.
- The pool is outdoors and does appear to be heated.
- It’s open during daylight hours. It’s an added perk I love. Many hotels close their pools early in the evening leaving families with limited options for entertaining the kids at night. By being open late like the sun, families can play at their favorite attractions and then come back to the Hershey Farms Inn to swim at night.
- If you are traveling with babies or toddlers, please ask about cribs.
- Hershey Farms Inn has plenty of complimentary parking available.
- Wireless high-speed Internet access is available for at no additional fee.
- Room Rates may vary so it’s best to check the Hershey Farms Inn site for rates and availability.
To view more Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn photos visit our Facebook Gallery. Here’s a short preview.
We hope you agree a stay at the Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn can be a relaxing way to have a family vacation in Lancaster. When you visit make sure you tell them Jersey Family Fun sent you.