I was honored to be invited to the #AntManandWaspEvent, a Disney press junket for Marvel Studios Ant-Man and the Wasp movie, Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger, and Disney Junior’s Fancy Nancy. As a guest, my expenses were covered in return for a series of articles about my experiences and reviews of the programming.
Meeting Hannah John-Kamen, one of the newest actresses to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe, was a treat. She may be new on the scene, but after seeing her as as Ghost in the Ant-Man and the Wasp movie, I know it won’t be the last we see of her. My own Avengers 4 theory says we will see her again. I predict she will be important in what happens to Ant-Man. While I wait to see if that’s true I am glad we had the chance to interview Hannah during the #AntManAndTheWaspEvent press junket. Hannah shared with us how thrilled she was to join the Marvel movies.
I was so excited to join the Marvel Universe, but it was also daunting. It’s overwhelming. It’s a huge responsibility to take this amazing character off the comic book page and be the first person to introduce it into an incredible movie with incredible cast members. They’re heroes in life. They are legends. It was amazing.
I am excited too. Hannah John-Kamen brought the character Ghost to life on the screen and a strong empowering spirit to our interview. I think all of us in the room were in left in awe. Take a look at the Ant-Man and the Wasp movie and get to know Hannah John-Kamen with what I learned during our Hannah John-Kamen interview.
About Marvel Studios’ new movie Ant-Man and the Wasp
From the Marvel Cinematic Universe comes ANT-MAN AND THE WASP, a new chapter featuring heroes with the astonishing ability to shrink. In the aftermath of CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, Scott Lang grapples with the consequences of his choices as both a super hero and a father. As he struggles to rebalance his home life with his responsibilities as Ant-Man, he’s confronted by Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym with an urgent new mission. Scott must once again put on the suit and learn to fight alongside the Wasp as the team works together to uncover secrets from the past.
Ant-Man and the Wasp was released in U.S. theaters on July 6, 2018.
Take a look at the Ant-Man and the Wasp movie trailer to see what you can expect.
16 Things to know about Hannah John-Kamen, Marvel Studios Newcomer
- Hannah John-Kamen had such a great time during her audition that she told us she didn’t regret one minute of it. She celebrated getting the role of Ghost by screaming and then dancing to Miley Cyrus.
- On playing the role of Ghost (who is male in comic books) Hannah was determined to give her life and make her a strong, badass woman.
- She enjoyed the freedom to help Director Peyton Reed create this character and find out who Ghost really is and her back story.
- Hannah John-Kamen used the script, scene, and onscreen partners to help her channel the rage needed to play Ghost.
- She thinks everyone’s redeemable, even her own character.
“I think Marvel does that genius job with the villainous characters to really not make it black and white. They make it gray. They make it kind of like you kinda feel sorry for them. You’re kind of on their side. You kind of confuse yourself as an audience member and go, hold on a minute. Why am I rooting for this person? I approached the character as if she’s the good guy. And, through my eyes, she is the good guy. And through the protagonist side, she’s the bad guy. ~ Hannah John-Kamen
- Hannah John-Kamen does her own stunts! Yes, every fight scene, every move is Hannah John-Kamen.
Well, I’ve been doing my own stunts in my career for a really long time. I think it’s really important to do as much as you physically possibly can, because the character is — what you bring to it. It’s not just emotional. It’s also physically, especially in this Marvel Universe. We all have different powers. We all have different styles of fighting. It’s important for you to bring yourself and what the character is with the movements and the fighting. .. I love kicking ass. ~ Hannah John-Kamen
- Her fight scenes were done in sections allowing her to really nail the moves for the camera.
- Hannah John-Kamen wants girls to play with action figures like hers. “I want young girls to go, yeah, we can, we can be badass. And I want them to have our action figurines and actually play with them and go — do you know what? I can be strong just like they are.”
- Was star-struck to act with acting legend Michelle Pfeiffer.
I was obsessed. I was obsessed with her Cat Woman. I thought she was so badass. I thought she set that bar so high. She’s an incredible actress, all of her incredible movies, and doing Scarface.
- Growing up, Hannah and her sister would make up dances to Grease 2.
- The Ghost costume is about 40 pieces. It took three people to help Hannah get dressed for her scenes each day.
- Hannah John-Kamen gives back by getting involved with the Stroke Foundation, because of her mother.
- She believes (like all of us) that Paul Rudd is hilarious.
- Hannah and Evangeline Lilly would cheer each other on at the end of scenes by yelling girl power and doing chest bumps.
- If given a choice Hannah would not want to be any Marvel character besides Ghost.
- Hannah would like to see Ghost involved as a hero in Avengers 4 providing a helping hand to the Avengers.
Hannah John-Kamen wants you to see the Ant-Man and the Wasp movie. So do we! She wrapped up our group interview sharing with us what she believes the message behind the Ant-Man and the Wasp movie is.
The film has so much heart in it. That’s what I think separates it. I think that’s actually what’s needed after the devastation of Infinity War. I think you need to laugh. I think you really need to laugh a little bit. What Peyton Reed has done and has the ability to do is .. to do the action and hilarity of the movie but also to have put heart in it. There is a, a beautiful love story in it. The characters are redeemable, and there are two sides to the coin.
Now it’s time for you to tell us what did you think of Hannah John-Kamen portrayal of Ghost and what do you think the message of the Ant-Man and the Wasp movie is? Do you have any predictions for Avengers 4?
Need more convincing to take the kids to see Ant-Man and the Wasp? Check out our 7 Reasons You MUST SEE the Ant-Man and the Wasp Movie with Your Kids.
Get ready to watch Disney Marvel Studios Ant-Man and the Wasp at your local theater starting July 6, 2018!
- Learn more about the Ant-Man and the Wasp movie at any of these links
- Like ANT-MAN AND THE WASP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marvelstudios
- Follow ANT-MAN AND THE WASP on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AntMan
- Follow Marvel Studios on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marvelstudios
- Like Marvel Studios on Facebook
- Follow Marvel Studios on Twitter
- Get to know the talent behind the Ant-Man and the Wasp movie with these Interviews with the cast and producers
Please note Jersey Family Fun does participate in affiliate programs. If you use our link to purchase products, a small commission does go to Jersey Family Fun to support our free services to readers, but this does not affect your price.