This is not a sponsored post.
Grover Cleveland Park – Essex County Parks & Playgrounds
3 Reasons My Family Loves Grover Cleveland Park (Essex County)
- The Pond. It is small enough that you can walk around with small children but large enough for children to go fishing. My children like to feed the fish and ducks. This is a peaceful space that everyone enjoys. In the fall it is the location for a children’s Halloween Parade. It is a mandatory stop for my children.
- The Playground. Rather, the playgrounds.
- The large children playground (see above) has many slides and climbing options including modified rock walls and freestanding metal structures. Both playgrounds have significant shade thanks to the abundant trees that surround it. This is the go to park on a hot sunny day because the trees offer a break from the sun.
- There is the small children’s playground (see below) which contains six swings and one adaptive swing. It has a balancing beam that toddlers can walk. It has several small slides, a bridge, three rockers (two horses and one motorcycle), and plenty of seating for parents.
- The Little Touches. From the metal gate to the cutest park bathroom I have ever visited, Grover Cleveland has nice little touches. There is a running track. There are bocce and tennis courts. One feature I have yet to enjoy is an independent tree tour. There are plenty of spots where a pamphlet can be picked up that explains the various trees located in the park. On specific trees, there will be a sign with a visual image of the leaf associated with the tree. It offers many little touches that reflect the time and energy of a caring community.
What Grover Cleveland Park offers
- Large children playground
- Large jungle gym with 4 slides and rock walls
- 6 swings
- 2 tube swings
- 1 metal climbing structure
- Park benches surrounding playground
- Small children playground
- Large jungle gym with bridge and slides
- 6 swings
- 1 swing to accommodate handicapped
- 2 horse rockers, 1 motorcycle rocker
- Park benches surrounding area
- Accessible bathrooms
- Independent tree tour
- Bocce Courts
- Tennis Courts
The Grover Cleveland Park is located at Brookside Ave. and Runnymede Rd. in Caldwell and Essex Fells in Essex County.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.
See more Grover Cleveland photos in our Facebook Gallery.