This year Six Flags Great Adventure Halloween activities are on! It might look a little different but the Halloween event in Jackson, New Jersey will STILL feature Halloween thrills by day and scary chills by night in a Safe Environment.
October 2020 Update: Now that we’ve visited Hallowfest at Great Adventure with complimentary media tickets, we’ve updated and republished this guide to Six Flags Great Adventure Halloween activities to include pictures and details from our visit.
HALLOWFEST – Six Flags Great Adventure Halloween Activities
Six Flags Great Adventure, the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park, leads the way for Halloween thrills and chills with a new event for the entire family—HALLOWFEST. The event will feature Thrills by Day with family-friendly activities and Chills by Night with rides on monster coasters…in the dark and haunting Halloween theming throughout the park.
When are the Great Adventure Halloween Activities?
HALLOWFEST will kick off September 18, 2020, and run weekends through November 1, 2020, plus October 12, 2020.
What are the hours?
Great Adventure will operate from 2 to 10 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, and from 5 p.m. with varying closing times on Friday evenings.
Reservations will ensure limited capacity admission, and slots are expected to fill up quickly. You MUST buy your tickets in advance. You can not buy them at the door and many days are selling out in advance.
The company’s comprehensive and ongoing safety protocols will be in effect for the entire run of the event.
“Our annual Fright Fest celebration is one of the most anticipated Halloween events of the season. Given the current environment, we are taking special precautions this year and offering our guests a version that is still scary, provides lots of thrilling rides and Halloween fun, and most importantly, is safe for our guests and team members.”Six Flags President and CEO Mike Spanos
“We will operate HALLOWFEST the same way we have operated our parks all summer, with daily temperature checks and face masks required for guests and team members prior to entry, social distancing, and enhanced sanitation measures.”Six Flags President and CEO Mike Spanos
HALLOWFEST Thrills by Day Daytime Halloween Activities at Great Adventure
From 2 to 6 p.m, families and young thrill-seekers will experience HALLOWFEST Thrills by Day including:
- Elaborate fall landscaping displays of pumpkins, colorful mums, cornstalks, hay bales, gourds, and festive inflatables;
- Back by popular demand, a Trick-or-Treat Trail with kid-friendly Halloween monsters and individually packaged candy and treats;
- Kid-centric hay bale maze in one direction;
- Fun rides for all ages in the crisp, fall air;
- A mysterious magician on the move brings his mesmerizing feats to the streets;
- Scarecrow Street – Guests are greeted with the sights and smells of autumn as Main Street is decorated in its fall finest with colorful mums, pumpkins, cornstalks, hay bales, and more and
- Halloween-themed specialty treats, like gooey caramel apples and funnel cakes made with Snickers candy, available for purchase.
HALLOWFEST Chills by Night Evening Halloween Activities at Great Adventure
For Chills by Night beginning at 6 p.m., all haunted attractions will be available outdoors in the wide-open midways:
- Creepy fog, eerie lighting, and sinister music will create the perfect backdrop for nighttime scares and chills including three haunted trails, four themed zones and street entertainment;
- Six Flags’ signature collection of world-class roller coasters ramp up the fear factor for a heart-pounding HALLOWFEST experience as guests fly through the air at high speeds in total darkness; and
- Halloween gear, such as themed masks, witch headbands, light-up devil horns, and scary apparel, will be on sale along with everybody’s favorite glow-in-the-dark necklaces, bracelets and light sticks.
Six Flags Great Adventure Hallowmazes for 2020
As part of their Halloween activities, Six Flags Great Adventure has a number of Halloween trails. The Trick or Treat trail is open from 2-6 pm. The hours for the other haunted trails below vary.
Haunted Halloween trails included with admission
- Lady of the Lake Cemetery – Cursed by the Jersey Devil, drowned bride Guinevere – the bride in black — haunts the Great Lake along with her undead throng in this scare zone along the Lakefront.
- ClownTown – It’s all fun and games until wicked clowns bring mayhem and madness to the streets of Movietown in this unnerving scare zone.
- Scarecrow Street After Dark – The cheery, festive Main Street area takes a chilling turn as evil scarecrows and zombies come to life in this scare zone around the orange fountain.
- District 6 Unearthed – Ominous fog, eerie lighting, and sirens in this scare zone alert guests that mutant villains have seized control of this gritty Lakefront section at the end of Scarecrow Street.
Haunted Halloween trails that require a Hallow-Maze Pass
Guests can purchase a Hallow-Maze pass at multiple locations.
- HALLOWMAZE Single Maze Pass – $6 per person. Allows access to one maze, one time. Only valid on date purchased.
- HALLOWMAZE Combo Maze Pass – $20 per person. Allows access for one trip through each available maze, one time. Only valid on date purchased.
Based on our experience I recommend purchasing a pass for one or two trails. Due to social distancing, we did experience lines and some considerable wait time. Unless you are planning to be at Hallowfest from opening till closing, you may have a hard time getting into all the available haunted mazes at Great Adventure.
- Reflections of the Dead is an indoor mirror maze. It’s the only haunted maze on the pass that opens at 3 pm. I recommend getting there early to experience this maze so that you have more time for the other mazes. I’d even consider getting in the line before 3 pm so that you can be one of the first to go through. Given the likelihood that guests will be touching mirrors as they move through the maze ALL guests are given and required to wear gloves through the maze.
- In this haunted indoor maze, guests come face-to-face with themselves as they try to escape a labyrinth of mirrors, mystery and mayhem. Located in Adventure Alley, this attraction features high-tech, special effects, and operates without scare actors.
The rest of these haunted mazes at Great Adventure open at dusk.
- Wicked Woods was the other Six Flags haunted trail we made it through. It’s located near the Looney Tunes area. Guests venture into the dark haunted woods where evil creatures from fables and folklore come to life.
- Mama’s Farm – In this haunted outdoor maze, Mama welcomes guests to her nightmarish homestead of half-human, half-animal mutants who dare to explore the backcountry of The Golden Kingdom.
- Apocalypse – In this final haunted outdoor maze, guests try to survive this raw world of scavengers trapped in a global catastrophe. Apocalypse is located in the Metropolis section.
How will Six Flags Great Adventure keep guests safe this Halloween?
Six Flags worked in partnership with its epidemiologist consultants to create a safe Halloween experience that meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines. Park attendance will be carefully monitored to avoid overcrowding and all Members, Season Pass Holders, and guests with single-day tickets will be required to make a reservation to attend HALLOWFEST.
- All team members (including scare-actors) and all guests 2 years and up will be required to wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the parks;
- No indoor mazes, haunted houses, or indoor shows will be operated; some haunted trails and scare zones will be operated outdoors with social distancing strictly enforced;
- A limited number of nighttime scare-actors will remain at least six feet away from guests and each other;
- Guests viewing outdoor entertainment will be separated by at least six feet;
- Props, rides, restraints, handrails, and dining and restroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized regularly; and
- Multiple alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the parks for guest and team member usage.
For more information and tickets to Six Flags Great Adventure Halloween Activities
HALLOWFEST reservations will be available online for Members and Season Pass holders beginning September 3, 2020, at noon, and for daily ticket holders beginning September 4, 2020 at noon at www.sixflags.com/reserve.
Most HALLOWFEST activities are included with park admission, active Memberships and Season Passes. Chills By Night begins at 6 p.m. and is not recommended for children under 12 and those who scare easily.
Looking for more Halloween Activities?
Head over to these articles and listings on Jersey Family Fun:
- Read about more New Jersey Halloween Activities.
- Head over to our Calendar of Events for more Halloween events in New Jersey.
- Take a walk through Insane New Jersey Haunted Houses We Dare You to See.
- Take advantage of these 15+ Fun & Safe Halloween Activities for Kids.