Are you looking to make better use of your Gloucester County libraries?
Did you know there are so many Gloucester County Library Events for kids?
No matter what age your children are, there is something for them at your local library! Some libraries in Gloucester County offer daily events, and some are weekly, or even monthly. Just stop in! Some library websites aren’t maintained daily, and your library might do a better job posting signs than posting online.
Reasons to Visit your Gloucester County Libraries
- Learn more about reciprocal borrowing privileges through PALS Plus. PALS Plus includes a group of public and academic libraries located throughout New Jersey. Members share library and computer resources.
- Does your child just HAVE to have the next installment of the series they’re reading? Don’t run to Barnes and Noble before you check out your reciprocal privileges!
- No Gloucester County Library Events when your kids are available for them? No problem! Stop in for a movie, CD, or of course a DVD. Exposing your children to the benefits of the library can inspire a love of reading and strengthen their resource skills.
- Libraries fit your budget! Free books, CDs, and often time movies, along with ebooks and audiobooks can help those with a limited entertainment budget. Have a preschooler at home and need to fill the days? Libraries offer story times, crafts, and even yoga. See below for what some Gloucester County libraries offer!
- And that’s not all! The Gloucester County Library System now offers free movie and television streaming! You can watch up to 3 different movies or episodes each week using your library card!
What you need to know about the Gloucester County Libraries
- There are 13 Libraries in Gloucester County; Deptford Township, Pitman, Paulsboro, Sewell, West Deptford, Westville, Wenonah, and Woodbury. The Gloucester Library System consists of five branches; Glassboro, Greenwich, Logan, Mullica Hill, and Swedesboro with an independent association library in Newfield.
- Some events may be limited to residents so call ahead if you’re unsure. Some also require pre-registration which can be done online or by calling the library.
- If your library doesn’t offer a program you’d be interested in, speak up! Most libraries have a Friends of the Library group that might be able to fund a program or event.
- Libraries offer plenty of adult programs too so take some time for yourself and join a book club, knitting club, or attend an author lecture.
The Gloucester County Library System Locations
- Glassboro Branch Library, 2 Center Street, Glassboro, NJ 08028, Phone: 856-881-0001
- Greenwich Township Branch Library, 411 Swedesboro Road, Gibbstown, NJ 08027, Phone: 856-423-0684
- Logan Township Branch Library, 498 Beckett Road, Logan Twp. NJ 08085, Phone: 856-241-0202
- Mullica Hill Branch Library, 389 Wolfert Station Road, Mullica Hill, NJ 08062, Phone: 856-223-6000
- Swedesboro Branch Library, 1442 Kings Highway, Swedesboro, NJ 08085, Phone: 856-467-0111
Other Libraries in Gloucester County not part of the county system
- Pitman McCowan Memorial Library, 15 Pitman Ave., Pitman, NJ 08071, Phone: 856- 589-1656
- Sewell Margaret E. Heggan Free Public Library, 606 Delsea Drive, Sewell, NJ 08080, Phone: 856-589-3334 (Events are for Sewell Residents Only)
- Wenonah Public Library, 101. E. Mantua Avenue, Wenonah, NJ 08090, Phone: 856-468-6323
- West Deptford Free Public Library, 420 Crown Point Road, West Depford, NJ 08086, Phone: 856-467-0111 (Events are for West Deptford Residents Only)
- Woodbury Public Library, 33 Delaware Street, Woodbury, NJ 08096, Phone: 856-845-2611
Please visit our New Jersey Calendar of Events for more information on Gloucester County Events including Gloucester County Library Events.