This post about Ways to Gift a Penn Museum Experience was sponsored by the Penn Museum in Philadelphia. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about things to do in Philadelphia and giftable experiences in Philadelphia that we think your family may enjoy.
What’s the best way for a family to visit the Penn Museum in Philadelphia?
Funny you should ask because the University Of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology in Philadelphia, otherwise known as the Penn Museum offers several ways that families can have a fun Philly day trip. You may not think of the Penn Museum as a kids museum, but our experiences have shown it really is a must-visit museum in Philly. Keep reading and then enter for a chance to win 4 tickets to the Penn Museum.
About the Penn Museum, a unique museum for kids in Philadelphia.
The Penn Museum (the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology) is dedicated to the study and understanding of human history and diversity. Founded in 1887, the Museum has sent more than 300 archaeological and anthropological expeditions to all the inhabited continents of the world. With an active exhibition schedule and educational programming for children and adults, the Museum offers the public an opportunity to share in the ongoing discovery of humankind’s collective heritage.
Look at all the ways you can gift an experience to the Penn Museum.
3 Ways to Gift a Penn Museum Experience
Gift a Penn Museum Membership: A Gift that Keeps on Giving
To give the gifts of adventure and discovery, consider a Penn Museum membership that lasts all year. There are worlds to discover at the Penn Museum, and members get the best access. Explore the wonders of the past through an extraordinary collection and beyond. Members enjoy free general admission, access to exclusive exhibition previews—including the upcoming Middle East Galleries opening in April 2018—and a wide variety of special events for families (some free, some discounted). Also included is a subscription to the Museum’s Expedition magazine and discounts every day in the Museum Shop (15%) and Pepper Mill Café (10%).
Special offer! A Penn Museum Membership purchased as a gift in the month of December will include a copy of the latest Expedition magazine–the Museum’s exclusive member’s only publication—specially wrapped for the holidays.
Visit www.penn.museum/give-join/membership for more information on a Penn Museum membership. Families can also call 215.898.5093 to learn more.
Make it a Family Night to Remember during a 40 Winks with the Sphinx, an epic sleepover event
Families with kids ages 6 to 12 can book an experience to remember, with a night at the Museum! 40 Winks with the Sphinx, the Museum’s popular sleepover program, invites children and their parents or adult chaperones on an overnight “expedition” of the Museum. Sleepovers run Friday evenings into Saturday! This is one AMAZING way to experience the Penn Museum. Some of our favorite family memories came from our own sleepover at a 40 Winks with the Sphinx. You can read about it in this story, 40 Winks with the Sphinx or The Night My Son Became Indiana Jones.
Celebrate the Season at the Penn Museum: Give a Private Family and Friends Tour
Make memories for family and friends with the gift of a private tour! Start a new tradition of bringing the gang together for a day at the Penn Museum, where you can explore 10,000 years of human history under one roof. The Penn Museum group tour manager can work with you to gear a tour to diverse ages and interests. For information about tour options, contact Amanda Grady, Group Sales Manager at email@example.com or call 215.746.8183.
The Penn Museum is located at 3260 South Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (on Penn’s campus, across from Franklin Field). Public transportation to the Museum is available via SEPTA’s Regional Rail Line at University City Station; the Market-Frankford Subway Line at 34th Street Station; trolley routes 11, 13, 34, and 36; and bus routes 21, 30, 40, and 42.
You can learn more about any of these Penn Museum experiences and their exhibits at their website, www.penn.museum.
Ready to win tickets to the Penn Museum?
Jersey Family Fun’s Penn Museum Ticket Giveaway Details
Jersey Family Fun Giveaways and Contests are subject to the following rules and conditions:
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants can earn a free entry by checking the first free entry box.
- You may earn an additional entry by leaving one comment on the Jersey Family Fun giveaway/contest blog post, that answers the question being asked during the timeframe of the contest. Comments that do not answer the question, while appreciated, will not be valid or count as meeting the requirement. Comments left after the giveaway/contest has closed will not be valid toward the contest.
- Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry. This information will not be shared with the giveaway sponsor unless it is stated in the contest/giveaway blog post itself.
- Our giveaways/contests are by no means sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or any other social media platform. You may use them to earn additional entries, but you are not required to use them to enter. None of these social media channels are responsible if you don’t win.
- No purchase is ever necessary to win a Jersey Family Fun prize in an online contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
- The Penn Museum is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- We will pick 1 winner. The winner will receive 4 tickets to visit the Penn Museum. The tickets are ONLY good for one visit.
- The winners are responsible for his/her own travel costs and parking fees during their visit.
- This giveaway will end Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at midnight. The winner will be announced shortly after that. Make sure you have left us your email address. You will have 24 hours to claim your tickets by emailing us back your name to Melanie. All prizes not claimed will either remain with the company sponsor or Jersey Family Fun to be used at a later date. We will make every effort to get the tickets to you by Christmas, but we can not make any guarantees.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- Winners agree to provide contact and shipping information to Jersey Family Fun and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States. Unless stated otherwise ticket and giftcard prizes are only valid in New Jersey and for specific dates/performances. Void where prohibited by law.
After you’ve entered here be sure to check out our other current giveaways.