This is not a sponsored post.
Garret Mountain Reservation – Passaic County, New Jersey – Parks & Playgrounds
3 Reasons my Family Loves Garret Mountain Reservation
- AMAZING views of NYC and the surrounding Northern New Jersey area makes this park our favorite weekend retreat. We enjoy taking our family (and out of town guests) up to Garret Mountain Reservation as it offers views you can’t see from anywhere else in Passaic County. It’s a great place to talk to our kids about the history of this area.
- We LOVE the green, grassy open fields that are perfect for a family soccer game and picnic lunch. It is quite, clean and peaceful. It’s hard to believe we just a few miles away from a bustling urban area.
- Our favorite walking trails in the area. Whether we feel like going for a walk, jog, hike or even a cross country ski trip we can do it all here on one of the two trails. We love the paved trail for the stroller and enjoy bird and animal watching along the way. We have seen wild turkey and deer so far.
What Garret Mountain Reservation offers
- 568-acre recreational area
- scenic overlook
- coin-operated viewers at the northeast side of the mountain
- Walking and running trails (yellow (along the roadway) and white (with additonal hiking trails)
- Free parking
- Picnic areas
- Cricket field
- Basketball court
- Equestrian center
- Barbour’s Pond (fishing allowed)
- Lambert Castle and Overlook Tower (fee)
The Garret Mountain Reservation is located at 1 Mountain Ave in Woodland Park (and Paterson) in Passaic County. Open dawn to dusk, year round. You can find out more by clicking here.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.